Chapter 7

Chapter 7

         I woke up around eleven thirty on that fateful Saturday morning. I jumped out of bed and yawned, stretching my hands towards the ceiling. I looked out the window to see a light snow falling. I smiled. Perfect. This just goes well with my plan.

     I took a quick shower and blow-dried my hair. I pulled on skinny jeans and a light blue sweater. I put on a hairband and skipped downstairs. "Going somewhere?" Aunt Connie asked me. I smiled. "I'm going to the ice rink with my new friends," I said. She rose and eyebrow. "And who might that be?" she asked. "Hanna, Janice, Sam, and Jett," I said. "Although they might bring someone else, too."

    She nodded. Uncle Mason chose that second to walk in the room and hug Aunt Connie around her waist and kiss her cheek. I smiled softly at them. It's really nice how, even though they're been married a long time, they're still in love. "Want something to eat?" Uncle Mason asked. I nodded.

    He got out a pan and some eggs. I sat down at the table and waited for him to be done cooking. I played with a string on my sweater for a while, then decided to pull it. It didn't snap like i wanted it to, it just pulled out more. I blushed and hid my wrist quickly, looking up to make sure no one saw that.

    Aunt Connie was looking at me curiously. I smiled sheepishly and ripped the damn sucker off my sweater. This time, it came off. Uncle Mason set a plate of eggs and bacon in front of me and I smiled in thanks.

~.~

    At two thirty, I pulled on knee-high boots trimmed in fur, a light blue hat with fur trim, and mittens. I pulled on a white coat and hurried downstairs. "Aunt Connie!" I said. "I'm leaving!" She came in the room, and looked at me. "Well, you look pretty," she said. "Getting dressed up for a boy?" Yes. "No," I said, blushing a little.

    She gave me a knowing look and said, "Don't have too much fun." I smiled and hurried out the door, where Hanna was waiting in her Dad's car. "Hi, Hanna," I said, climbing in. "Hi, Janice." They echoed hi's back to me as we drove off.

   Ten minutes later, after listening to Hanna's nonstop chatter, we finally got to the ice rink. I said thanks to Hanna's Dad and we walked to the entrance. The boys were already here. "Hey, Sam, Jett.. um, you," I said. There's one boy here I don't know. "Kenny," he said. I smiled at him. We walked in and paid, grabbing our size of ice skates. I pulled my coat off and draped it on a hanger.

   After lacing up my skates, I pulled Hanna out to the ice. She was doubtful at first, but she got the hang of it. You see, I;m a natural at ice skating. It doesn't even run in the family, I'm just really good at it. I twirled around the ice rink, doing little jumps and tricks, watching as all the people there marvelled at my skill.

    "Holly!" I turned around to see Kenny skating up to me. I looked over his shoulder to see Sam teaching Janice how to skate. Aw! He just kissed her on the cheek. I smiled softly and looked back to Kenny. "Yes?" I said, realizing he's been standing there for about a minute with me saying nothing.

   "Wanna skate with me?" he asked, holding out his hand. I smiled and put my hand in his. I noticed it was a little too big to fit right in my hand, but I didn't let that bother me. "So," I said, swinging our hands a little. "What are you doing here?" He looked at the ceiling for a little bit. "Ah, I'm Sam's older brother," he said. "I'm home for Christmas." I smiled, feeling his Christmas spirit flow into me.

   "That's really nice," I said. He glanced at me to see if I was kidding, but I really wasn't. It is really nice of him to come home for Christmas. "Thanks," he said. "The only problem is that I don't know what to get Sam." I laughed. "Well, I can't help you there," I said. "I just met him. I moved here about a week ago."

   He looked at me in surprise. "Oh," he said lamely. "Where from?" I couldn't really tell him the North Pole, could I? "Um, far away," I said vaguely. He looked at me skeptically, then over my shoulder. He winced.

   I looked over my shoulder at a glaring Jett. His glare looked nothing like my surprised look. Why's he mad? Is he- could he be.. jealous? I stepped away from Kenny with a 'see you later' and skated away. I skated to the edge of the rink, and saw Hanna sitting there, ramming in a plate of cheese fries. "Can I have some?" I asked.

   She laughed and nodded, bringing the plate over to me. I grabbed some and stuffed them in my mouth. I smiled at Hanna and she just rolled her eyes. I turned around and started skating away. I started going as fast as I could. someone called my name, and I whipped my head to them, not really thinking about what exactly could happen.

    I ran into someone. Hard. We both fell, but, somehow, I ended up on the bottom. The breath was knocked out of me. As soon as I caught it, I realized the person still wasn't off me. I looked up into a beautiful pair of hazel eyes. Jett. I smiled up at him. "Sorry, I wasn't-" I started but I was cut off. By him... kissing me. What? That wasn't suppose to happen! It's not part of that plan! The plan's a bust now!

    I pulled away from his warm lips and turned my head to the side. He made a low noise of protest. I thought he didn't like me! I thought I had to actually work to get him to open up to me! He grabbed my face gently and made me look at him. His eyes were so intense, I couldn't look at them. So I closed my eyes instead. Now, you might be thinking this is taking a long time. In reality, It's no more then a few seconds.

    This time, he kissed me hard, not giving me room to get away. His soft lips caressed mine in a way I found endearing. I could kiss him all day long. No, make that all year long. I sighed and was about to put my arms around his neck, when someone pushed Jett off me.

   I opened my eyes to see none other then security. He looked angry, but we couldn't have that. I used my Christmas spirit to make him happy. He smiled at us, but still said, "There's kids here. Don't kiss. It could corrupt them."

   I got up quickly, brushing snow off my back and out of my hair. It was slightly damp, with sweat and water. I looked to my right to see Jett scraping the ice with his skate. "Um, sorry," I said. "I wasn't watching where I was going." And with that, I got away from him as fast as I could.

   What was I thinking? Kissing him? Why would he even kiss me? All this time, I thought he hated me. Was he just hiding his feelings for me? The plan was to make mistletoe go above our heads when we were taking our skates off. I guess that's not going to happen now.

~.~

   When we finally decided we had enough ice skating, we went to the nearest McDonald's. I wasn't cold at all, but everyone else seemed to be. Hanna came up to me and shuddered. "Gosh, it's so cold out there," she said. She came closer to me. "Holy crap!" she said. "You're like a heater." She held her hands out towards me. "How are you so warm?" she asked. I shrugged. "I never get cold," I said. And I never do.

   After we ate our food, we decided to go for a walk. "But it's so cold!" Janice complained. Sam smirked and pulled her into a sideways hug. "Don't worry, I'll keep you warm," he said. She blushed.

~.~

I thought it would be okay to end it here. HAHAHA! BET YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING! To tell you th truth, neither did I, lol. Picture on the side is Holly. THANKS FOR READING!

xxSavannah