She gave a silent sigh of relief at the perfect interruption and smiled happily at her father as he made his way towards her. Michael waited till her father reached her and gently passed her hand to her father’s waiting hand.

                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George Cartwright was a tough man. He had to be, when trouble came knocking on their door and there was no other option but to stay strong. He had cried a total number of six times in his life and he didn’t care to remember the last time because it was too painful. Now, that the loans had been successfully paid off a few months ago and his daughter was finally married, he couldn’t have been happier.

Though he still had his suspicions about Michael Fury, he was giving the guy benefit of doubt after observing his behaviour today. The guy was obviously smitten with his daughter and he couldn’t be happier. The only issue was his daughter. She had always been reserved about her love life, or lack of it he acknowledged dryly.

Violet was painfully shy as a child. She had become slightly more social after spending time with her cousins, Sera and Chloe and her best friend Ethan but that’s it. Her friend list started and ended there. Plus her early graduation from high school at the age of sixteen and her early degree from college hadn’t really helped her social life. For her to fall in love with Michael Fury so fast and get married within two weeks unsettled him, especially since he had met Fury only once and could see why his daughter could fall for the charismatic and charming guy.

Michael Fury radiated authority and power. He looked dependable and had a slight hint of twinkle in his eye whenever he looked at Violet. He was the complete opposite of Violet. George had already accepted the kind of guy that Violet would settle with – happy, slightly dorky and unassuming. Michael Fury was none of those and it annoyed him that he had to mentally prepare himself again to give away his little girl to a completely different character. But, maybe Fury was perfect for Violet.

He would encourage her to interact more and become less socially awkward. He would also prevent Violet from being too involved with her job as a psychiatrist. Maybe, this marriage would benefit them both.

As he silently took his daughter’s hand in his own and started dancing with her, he decided to voice his thoughts.

“Are you happy Vi?” he asked her quietly.

She looked up at him and smiled, “Yes, Daddy. I am”

“It’s difficult you know, for me to picture you making a life with him. I am equal parts happy and disgruntled.”

“I thought it would be a few more years you know but I am happy. Even though its reluctantly happy, I am glad that you met someone to love.”

Violet laughed as she looked at her father, battling with his feelings. She had always been Daddy’s li’l girl and she knew how difficult it must have been for him to give her away.

“I am really happy Daddy. He makes me feel…nice. I have never experienced this before and it is really nice.” She winced mentally at her attempts to lie and prayed that her father didn’t catch anything suspicious. Her father nodded with suspiciously bright eyes and kissed her forehead.

“I know a wedding is no time to bring you down but your brother would have been really happy Vi,” he told her tearfully.

“I know Dad. And I miss him so much. I just wish that it would have been different, that he didn’t have to go through all of that and—,” she was cut off by her father gently shushing her.