Chapter 2

“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference”

-The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost

He had fantasized about kissing her an infinite number of times. But, nothing came close to the real thing. He raised his hand to caress her cheek while the other wrapped around her waist.

Her lips were soft and warm. She tasted of strawberries and chocolate and he almost smiled. He licked her bottom lip and probed her lips for entrance, she stubbornly refused. He bit her bottom lip and she gasped, he took the opportunity to thrust inside her mouth. He only pulled away when he dimly realized the need to breathe.

He looked down into her violet eyes and noticed that they had turned slightly darker. She looked shocked and her eyes reflected the same desire he felt for her. He was hanging by a thin thread here and her slightly breathless pants and wide eyes were making him really uncomfortable down south.

“Come on,” he said and tugged her to face the front.

“Smile sweetheart,” he leaned down and whispered in her ear. She nodded and smiled at her father. Her father seemed to relax a bit at the smile.

He acknowledged the various congratulations and pats on his back as he headed down the aisle with his wife. Christ! Wife! He didn’t want to examine how he was feeling already guessing that interpreting the confusing feelings would give him a headache.

After exiting the church, they were scheduled to pose for photographs with the bridesmaids and groomsmen. He noticed that his two best friends, Josh and Ian seemed pretty interested in Sera and Chloe. He grinned at them as they winked back.

The photographer instructed the bride and groom to pose as the additional bridal party moved away. He felt Violet stiffen at the photographer’s orders.

“Relax, no one is going to bite you sweetheart,” he said even though he would love to do exactly what he had told her he wouldn’t do. She gave him an unsteady smile and he longed to see the real one. He frowned to himself at his own thoughts.

“Is everything okay?” She asked and touched his arm. He nodded and pulled her more firmly to his side.

“Why that frown on your face Fury? A beautiful bride next to you and you are still frowning?” Brian, the photographer and a long time friend.

“Wanna exchange places Mike?” Josh asked and laughed when he saw the furious expression on Mike’s face.

“Chill bro. He’s just messing around with ya,” Ian smiled.

He looked down to see Violet blushing and pulled her close to plant a kiss at the side of her temple. She looked up at him surprised and stared into his eyes. He quickly swooped down and planted a quick peck on her lips. Her eyes nearly bulged at the gesture as he chuckled and his eyes twinkled.

He nudged her. “Come on, it’s our wedding. Enjoy yourself. You have an audience to cater to,” he whispered and she smiled albeit it didn’t reach her eyes.

She turned her face forward and leant her head against his shoulder as Brian clicked a few shots. Suddenly, she bent forward and spread her arms as a small black ball of a black suit and blond hair came barrelling towards her and jumped into her arms. She would have lost her balance, if not for Michael’s steadying hand at her back. She laughed once more as she hugged the child and swayed from side to side.

“Hey champ! Enjoying yourself?” She asked her three year old nephew. Nate, the nephew in question pouted and shook his head vigorously. She laughed again and asked him the reason. He tugged on his collar and looked at her with beseeching eyes. Michael laughed at the exchange and Violet grinned at him. His eyes widened at the smile and he would have stared like an idiot if she wouldn’t have turned back.