-Accidents-

(Jaime's POV)

I smiled brightly at the two tickets in my hand. They were tickets to the Bahamas, a place where my husband has always wanted to go. I know he loves traveling, and that's why I put together this special vacation for our two year anniversary to take place. I wanted to give Vic the world, but I only had minimal money, but I worked a bunch of over time and I know it'll all be worth it when I see his breath taking smile and get a million kisses in thanks.

Our flight leaves tomorrow morning, at 8:30, so I wanted to get both our stuff packed up in time and surprise him with the cheesy scenario of roses all over the bed and the tickets placed on the bedside table. I had everything planned out, and to say I was excited was an understatement.

I was on my way home, when I got a text.

Baby❤️: I actually want to strangle my boss tbh, but omw home Hime 💕

I smiled to myself and waited till I was at a red light to reply with a simple; "It's not nice to strangle people fyi and alright munchkin🙄💙"

Once I got home, I set up everything I had. I packed both our suitcases; I knew Vic well and long enough to know what he'd bring. We've been together a total of seven years. Two married, one engaged, and four dating. People say your first love isn't always the one, but Vic was my first, and I know he'll be my last. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I looked around the room, making sure everything was in place. I had red rose petals scattered all over, cherry scented unlit candles around the room (they're his favorite), the plane tickets on the bedside table along with another item that will be required for later, our suitcases up against the closet door, and last but not least, a small guitar pick necklace laying next to the tickets.

After I was sure that everything was set, I went downstairs to lay down on the couch until my beautiful husband got home. I always got a warm feeling at just the mention of us being married. I remember how nerve wracking it was for my proposal to him, considering he found the ring in one of my jean pockets, but even then, I did the tradition and took him out for a nice dinner, had a cheesy walk through the forest and did my proposal besides a gorgeous waterfall under the moonlight. That was one of the best nights of my life, right along with our wedding day.

As the tv was playing in the back, my phone ringtone went off. I quickly shuffled my phone out of my pocket and frowned at the unknown number. I answered, hesitantly.

"Hello?" I questioned.

"Hi, is this Jaime Preciado?" An unknown male voice asks.

"Uh, yes. Who's this?" I sit up, muting the tv.

"This is Lucas, I'm a paramedic for San Diego Central Hospital, I'm calling to inform you of your spouse? Victor Fuentes-Preciado, whom was in a car accident thirty minutes prior." I nearly dropped my phone, my eyes widening.

"W-What?! Is he okay? What happened?" I ask hurriedly. I quickly grabbed my shoes, slipping them on and not caring about the laces being undone.

"He's, uh, he's breathing, but not that well. We're afraid we'll have to under go some surgeries and put him on life support. You may come down to see him, but keep in mind he's unconscious and may stay that way..." Lucas said.

"Alright, I'm on my way, thank you," I rushed, hanging up quickly. My heart sunk farther in the pit of my stomach as I ran out to my piece of shit car, ripping the door open and starting it up. I never drove quicker than I did tonight. I was always cautious of speeding and getting tickets, also car accidents, but tonight it didn't matter. My vision slowly started to blur. I hastily wiped the tears, promising that I'll keep my shit together.