Chapter Sixteen

I yawned and looked at the time. It was already 11 PM. I had spent 2 hours just watching Aramini's favourite shows with her, however, I actually enjoyed the mother-daughter time until I remembered that Luna was going to kill me tomorrow morning.

Aramini was already fast asleep.  Her chest rising and falling rhythmically, I smiled. Luna had already changed her into her pajamas for me. I brushed some of her hair out of her face and picked her up.

She was fast asleep.

Walking up the stairs, I stopped in front of the guest room and put my ear against the door. I didn't hear any voices except for "I've been looking out the window for eighteen years. Dreaming about what it would feel like when those lights rise in the sky. What if it's not everything that I dreamed it would be?"

Ah, so they were watching Tangled.

I was about to walk away, but, I decided to open up the door and peek into the room.

I smiled softly and pictured a wedding in my head; I was obviously going to help this ship sail. Luna had her head on his chest and Alar's arm was wrapped around Luna lightly. They both looked so peaceful next to each other. Eyes closed, they had faint smiles on their faces as they slept.

Maybe I won't be dead tomorrow morning.

I laughed to myself and shut the door quietly. Walking into my room, I put down Aramini on the bed and tucked her in. "Goodnight baby."

Changing into some fuzzy pyjamas and a sweater, I removed all my makeup and washed my face thoroughly. Smiling at the sight of my bare face, I slid into bed.

I sighed. If only I had found Vik earlier. We could've been in the same house together, in the same room together and everything. This house would finally become a home.

I rolled over to my side and looked at Aramini. Every time she asked me about her dad, I had to lie and say that he was on an important travelling job. I brought the covers up a little higher just so they could cover both mine and Aramini's shoulders. I closed my eyes and attempted to go to sleep.

Obviously my mind had some other plans because it just wasn't entering that weird sleep mode. Instead, thoughts of Vik just kept running through my mind. Thoughts like, what would Vik do and what if Vik did this. You know, the basic thoughts you get when you have a crush?

I hit my head with my hand in annoyance. Why the hell was I thinking about someone who wouldn't think about me even once?

All my attempts to bring down my thoughts failed miserably. It seemed as though nothing I could possibly think was going to knock down the thoughts of Vik.

I hate to admit it, but, I missed him.

Love is just a dilemma people tend to believe in. I have observed that people use this term to actually cover up their actual concern. Loneliness is what you get out of it; it makes your life miserable, breaks your heart into thousand pieces and still each broken part of your heart misses him like your heart missed him as whole. It keeps you obsessed with him, you just miss his face, his eyes, his smile, his scent all the time knowing that you are never going to get him again.

Life becomes vulnerable as you are enslaved by his thoughts. Each and every single thing seems meaningless, at the beginning everything looks extraordinary and ecstatic, but, in the end you are left with nothing except agony and emptiness.

Truthfully, I only knew Vik for that one night, but, that was the same night I found love. Sounds crazy when you think about it, however, it was surprisingly true. That love at first sight stuff was actually true; it was possible.