Chapter Thirteen

Vik PoV

Absolute fucking shit.

That's what I felt like. Just pure and absolute fucking shit. It was weird. I never felt this shitty for someone before, especially for a girl who has no meaning to me.

I slammed the trunk of my car and sat down in the driver's seat. Juliet was shaken up completely.

"Uh," I felt her eyes on me, "We can grab some food, if you want?"

I glanced at her quickly.

"Are you sure? I don't want to be a burden.."

I sighed. My grip around the steering wheel tightened.

If only I wasn't such a coward back then. Today I could've been able to roam freely with Juli-

I stopped my thoughts and realized I had caused an awkward silence. Clearing my throat, I answered her question that was equivalent to a million stabs.

"I'm sure. Let me know where you want to eat, we'll go there."

I saw her rub her hands together and subtly twiddle her thumbs. "Can we grab some McDonalds?"

I made a face.

Fuck McDonal-

"Wait, scratch that."

Thank you Good Lord.

"Can we go to Rexall?"

I looked at her staring right back at me with her beautiful warm and welcoming mahogany eyes. "Sure, but, why?" I asked as I started the engine and started driving.

"Because I want chocolate."

"I could always just bring some to your house?"

Oh shit. Vik, you friggin' scrub.

Juliet PoV

My mouth slightly opened.

Did I hear that right? Vik offered to bring some chocolate to my house?

Vik's low voice broke my thoughts. "I mean, that is if you're okay with that? I don't mind dropping by your house."

"No. I mean, yeah. Wait, no. Argh, yes but, no?"

He chuckled his 'famous' chuckle. "What're you trying to imply?"

I brought myself to an explanation worthy saying in front of Vik. "Well, you see, I don't mind you coming over to my house but, Mia would get mad and suspicious. Besides, I just want some chocolate that I can have with me."

From the corner of my eye, I could've sworn I saw Vik's face drop. It almost seemed as if he was upset that I had said no.

A few minutes of silence passed before Vik muttered out a simple 'K.'

I heard the engine get louder. Vik was speeding or driving much much faster in other words. He was making turns that no one would be able to pull off at such a speed.

Within seconds, Vik had parked in front of Rexall and gotten out of his car. I gulped.

I silently walked into Rexall and into the candy aisle. Obviously I picked out the bigger bite size packets. Taking the chocolate packets, I put them down on the counter to ring them out.

For some reason, the girl wasn't charging me let alone scan the items. She was just putting all of the chocolate into a bag.

"I'm sorry, why aren't you charging me?"