Just to see you every single day and not betray your trust.

But...

Despite his risky effort...

You fold you arms, rubbing them with a look of uncertainty. "I still.. Can't trust you..."

Chuuya chuckles sadly, eyes closed as if he didn't want to see your expression. "Yeah, I thought you'd say that... So long as you know the truth, I'm willing to wait until we can be friends again." He squeezes his fist before letting it go almost immediately.

Chuuya's white glove is now colored red. There are patches of white, but you know for a fact that his hand is covered in dried blood inside.

You purse your lips before pointing out, "...Your hand..." Chuuya blinks absentmindedly before realizing his injury.

"Oh, yeah. The guillotine blade cut it pretty deep before I could actually activate my power. And the reigns were digging into my skin most of the time." Chuuya laughs dryly.

You stand, making your way to Chuuya. You take a water pouch and two pieces of cloth from the basket.

"Show me your hand." You demand. He holds it out and you carefully pull off his glove. That alone is enough to make him flinch. For Chuuya to respond to pain? It must be rather deep.

"We can't really disinfect it, so water will have to do." You mumble. You gently wipe down the blood, making sure you don't press down so hard. When most of the blood has been wiped off and the cut is clean, you wrap the other piece of cloth around his hand.

Chuuya stares at you the whole time, eyes wandering. The cape covers your shoulders, but he knows for sure that there are still love marks left. They've faded a lot, but they're still noticable. Your lips are still bruised.

Chuuya raises a hand, thumb mindlessly brushing over your lip. You stop your work, flinching at his touch. Chuuya sharply draws his hand back.

"I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry." His voice cracks, eyes lowering down to his bandaged hand. "Oh my god, I'm sorry..." He lets out a shuddery breath, head now hanging in his hands.

You stare at Chuuya. Your mind races with thoughts. It's filled with uncertainty and heartbreak. It's filled with hope and anger.

What do you feel about these marks now?

Just a week ago they were disgusting, but now they're fading away.

Ugliness never stays. It always leaves. But beauty is just as fleeting.

You hesitate, hand reaching forward. It finds its way to Chuuya's cheek, cupping it gently. "Just boil a pot of water and clean your glove with it. You take the rest of the shift, I'm going to sleep." You say quickly.

Your hand grows cold the moment it leaves Chuuya's warm presence. You walk over to a free spot.

"(f-f/n)!"

You stop, then turn your head to Chuuya.

He doesn't say anything at first, you can't read his expression clearly. Everything on his face is just a mess.

"Yes?"

"I-" He looks down, then looks back up with a faint of a smile. It's clearly broken. He doesn't know if you'd accept it.

"Thank you, (f/n)."

"Yeah okay."

"No, really. Thank you."

"...I know. Just... Give me time to think."

"I can wait."

~~~

hello my dudes!! okio, so heres the dealio.

as you can tell, im making it my best interest to respond to just about every comment you leave for me here :) id like to be a whole lot more active with my readers than i used to

on another note, if any of you guys are yuri!!! on ice fans then i have a one shot book up! please check it out when you have the chance! here's the cover (i really really like it; its so cute!!):