- 3 -

Chuuya bows in front of Ougai Mori, king of Mali.

His shoulders are tense and his heart feels like it would beat out of his chest any minute. Chuuya holds his hat to his chest, lips pursed.

Ougai rests him cheek on his fist, his elbow propped up by his throne. He keeps his eyes trained on Chuuya, contemplating on what to do.

"...Chuuya." His voice is as sharp as a knife cutting through ice, enough to give Chuuya chills.

"Yes, your highness?"

Ougai hums in return before continuing, "You've been absent every day for the past few weeks.. It's raised my suspicions and Gin was ordered to follow you."

Chuuya's blood runs cold and his heart skips a beat. He looks up at Ougai with a stone cold face before looking back down again. If anyone were to touch Chuuya right now, he would fall over.

"You are aware of the fact that you spend every day with the army commander of Bonorum, the next to be throned?"

Chuuya nods his head stiffly, "Yes, I am very much aware."

Ougai stares down at him for a moment and seconds feel like hours.

"Very well." He finally breaks the silence. "I have a mission for you before you carry on your day with Bonorum's next heir."

Chuuya could feel cold sweat trail down his neck. "Yes?"

"There are a few civilians rioting by the gates. Please do shut them up. Permanently."

"Consider the task done." The mission is beyond easy, an order like any other. He could get it done within an hour and still have time to race to the lake.

Ougai holds a hand up, stopping Chuuya from leaving. "Also, one last thing."

Chuuya stops mid stride.

"You are only allowed to be with them if you could extract information."

Chuuya grips his fists. "In other words, I'm an undercover spy now?"

"Precisely."

Chuuya leaves the throne room.

---

Through all the ups and downs you've thrown at him, he's gotten far than comfortable with your presence. The thought of throwing that away upset him.

What would happen if you found out?

With a heavy heart, Chuuya completes his task slower than usual. The splatter of crimson doesn't bother him a bit. The gates had become a blood bath, and the bodies were disposed of in the moat. Sea creatures and the likes immediately tear the bodies apart ravenously.

Chuuya spends some time with himself in the palace, pacing through hallways and turing corners. He quickly changes himself without much thought, making sure his fedora is on his head. Chuuya splashes his face with water from a basin, trying to clear his thoughts of you.

Would he really have to extract information from you just to be by your side?

Isn't there something else he could do?

Is he willing to do something so dangerous just to see you?

And if so, why?

Why has he become so infatuated with you?

Chuuya stares at himself in the mirror for a while longer before his anger gets the best of him. He throws the tub of basin across the bathroom and it splinters into pieces. Water floods the floor as he swiftly walks out, throwing his coat over his shoulder.