"Yeah, why."

"I just... thought you would have burned it by now..."

"That doesn't sound half bad." You grumble. Chuuya plops his hat back onto his head, albeit shocked to say the least. He stays quiet once more, eyes staring at you like he wants to say something.

This goes on for a few minutes and you quickly grow tired of it.

"What." You snap at Chuuya. He jumps.

"Sorry, I just-" He stops. Then, pleading, he asks, "Can you just listen to me for a second?"

"I am."

"No, like..." He sighs in frustration. "Like you're actually listening. Like how we used to talk before all of..." He gestures around himself, "'this'. Like an actual conversation." He says breathlessly. You purse your lips.

Why exactly should you listen to Chuuya?

Will he just feed you a bunch of bullshit lies like before?

Will he tell the truth?

Either way, the conversation seemed to be going nowhere in the first place so you give him a chance.

"You have three minutes, tops, to explain." You sit up straight, awaiting his explanation.

Chuuya sighs in relief, dropping his previously tense shoulders.

"Thank you." He breaths out. "I knew who you were right off the bat. Which explains why I threw you to a tree. But despite that, I took an interest in you."

You immediately roll your eyes. Chuuya waits for you to finish, despite the look of hurt on his face.

"I did, I really did."

"Okay, fine, continue."

He sighs, "We kept meeting after that. You were my first friend. One of my first, one of my best. We kept arguing over nothing, but I honestly didn't care. I enjoyed the time I spent with you. Then Ougai found out and told me that I can only be with you if I got information out of you."

"And that's when you decided to be a back stabbing bitch?"

"No." He takes off his fedora, combing his hand through his hair as he sighs in frustration. "No, I didn't.. I just... I started giving him false information..."

Your eyes widen in shock.

"I didn't want to betray our friendship, but I still wanted to see you."

You take a moment to absorb the information.

Chuuya lied to Ougai's face with false information that could, quite possibly, have been the end of Mali.

"How long...?"

"Have I been lying to Ougai?"

You nod your head.

"Four months."

Four months.

Chuuya's been lying to the king of Mali for four months.