Chapter 22: One in the Same

Close to the end of this book. Also in my message board I posted a website where you can buy a miraculous ring and earrings that I made myself. Enjoy the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Guys my string is attached to Adrien. I saw it many times, but now it is attached to Chat Noir. I guess it was positively possibly Chat Noir. I'm almost one hundred percent sure that the string cannot switch fingers. So there is only one explanation.

Adrien must be Chat Noir. My silly kitty is also my sweet boyfriend. How could I have not noticed. The beautiful green eyes and the good hair. My Adrien is also my partner in crime. This couldn't be any better.

-----------

Ladybug looked at him smiling brightly. "I can't bel-" she began to say before being interrupted.

"My Lady, I am not to happy right now. I'd rather not talk." He looked at the floor thinking about Marinette.

She smiled brightly. "Silly kitty why? This is... Oh wait." She stopped smiling and thought. He doesn't know I'm Marinette, she thought. Should I tell him? I don't know if that would be okay.

"I'm going to go now. " Chat Noir looked up at her a bit teary eyed. "Bye, Ladybug." He jumped away over roof tops.

"Chat wait!" She yelled. He was already gone. She smiled. He really is sad about, well, me, she thought. She went home and detransformed. She explained everything to Tikki.

"Tikki, what do I do?" She said pacing around her room.

"Marinette, calm down. You already know he is Adrien. So it isn't a problem." Tikki shrugged trying to calm down Marinette.

"That's not the problem though. He doesn't know I'm Marinette. Well he doesn't know Ladybug is Marinette. That I'm- you knew what I mean." She looked at Tikki with sad eyes. She wondered how Adrien was feeling after all this. He was probably heartbroken, which made her feel heartbroken.

"Then tell him." Tikki said quietly.

Marinette stopped pacing. "What?" She said in a calm voice looking at Tikki surprised.

"I know that your identities are supposed to be a secret, but you already know who he is." She explained. "Besides if you don't he could get angry and then be attacked by an Akuma which wouldn't be good." Tikki nodded feeling guilty that she is suggesting going against the rules, but she felt right at the same time.

"Okay I will, but when?" She said smiling yet nervously.

"Tonight." Tikki said with a nod.

"Tonight?!" She said shocked. She knew she couldn't wait long before it would kill her inside and she wanted to help Adrien too, but that is rather quick. "I'll do it." She said putting on her bag as Tikki got in it.

She got permission from her parents and left. She began to run, cautiously of course. She ran about half way and it began to rain. "Oh no." She said remembering that she forgot an umbrella.

She was soaked by the time she got to Adrien's house. She rang the doorbell and Natalie answered it. "Hello miss." She smiled as water dropped from her clothes. "I'm here to see Adrien." She stated.

Natalie looked behind her and kept a poker face. "Come in." She said as she opened the door a bit.

"Excuse me,ma'am, where is he?" She asked dripping all over the floor. As she spoke Gabriel Agreste was walking down the stairs.

"And who are you?" He said sternly standing up straight looking at the puddle Marinette was making.

"I'm Marinette Dupain-Cheng." She nodded. "I'm sorry about the water, it's raining. I'll clean it if you would like." She said quickly nervous to be meeting Adrien's dad.

"No I have people to get that. Someone get Marinette a towel please." He said still looking at Marinette.

"I'm, uh, here to see Adrien, Mr. Agreste." She smiled as someone handed her a towel. She thanked them quietly.

"Hmm." He nodded. "Why is that?" He asked. He never talked to Adrien enough to know that he was even dating Marinette.

"I have to tell him something." She said trying not to be to revealing.

"Okay but he doesn't have much time. He has a scheduled time for everything. You have -5 minutes to talk to him." He said looking at her smiling very slightly. Marinette couldn't see the smile from afar. "Follow me." He said looking at her then beginning to walk.

She followed him as he took her to Adrien's room. "Thank you sir." She said as they got to his room.

"Yes. Make it quick." He nodded walking away and back downstairs.

She knocked on Adrien's door. She heard a muffled come in and she did so closing the door behind her. "Adrien?" She said looking for him.

He sat up from laying on the couch. "Marinette? What are you doing here?" He said standing up.

She walked over to him, trying not to smile to much because she knew he was sad. "Are you okay?" She asked him concerned.

He shrugged. "Nothing you can do about it." He looked at her sadly.

She smiled slightly. "I think there is some-."

"Marinette I need to tell you something." He said before she could finish. Her talking more made him feel worse.

"Marinette I found the end of my string and I know yours is still in the ball. I'm so sorry." He said sadly trying not to tear up.

"No. My string isn't in the knot anymore." She smiled.

"But my string I know who it is connected too, but it isn't connected to who I wanted." He said looking at the floor. He realized what she said. "Wait. It isn't in the knot?"

She shook her head.

"So you know who it is connected to?" He said sadly, tearing up. That means she was connected to someone other than him and it made him feel worse.

She nodded getting closer to him. "Adrien." She smiled, hugging him.

He hugged her back sadly a tear falling from his cheek. He didn't know what Marinette would surprisingly do next.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is Marinette going to say? Oh my you guys. Get ready for the next chapter!
Yay!!,
Lauryn