Chapter 14: Searching

ATbh I don't know how many chapters are left, but I think I'm going to aim for around 20. It is going to get intense for Marinette and Adrien and I don't know about you, but when I read this I sit here thinking, "obviously it's connected to you too, but your oblivious to everything!!!" (Insert angry emoji.)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is the first day Marinette and I are going to look for the end of our strings. I'm not sure who it's connected to. I want it to be Marinette, but for a while I wanted it to be Ladybug. I guess you never really know, right? To be honest I don't think we will be able to find the other ends because there is so many, but it will be a nice way to bond with Marinette.

-----------

Adrien came into the bakery. "Hello?" He asked walking in and looking around.

"Oh sweetie! It's good to see you!" Sabine said wiping her hands on her apron. She had just got finished with some baking.

"Hi Mrs. Dupain-Cheng, how are you?" Adrien smiled.

"I'm good. Marinette couldn't wait to see you today." She chuckled with a smile.

"Well I can't wait to see her." Adrien smiled a slightly blush crossing his cheeks.

"How long have you like her? She has liked you for-" Sabine began to say before being interrupted.

"Mom! Adrien how are you?" Marinette said switching her tone of voice from serious to sweet as she walked down the stairs.

"I'm good. Are you ready to go?" Adrien said awkwardly.

"It's the truth Marinette." Sabine laughed.

Marinette looked at her mom with a 'please stop' look on her face. "Yes I'm ready to go." She sighed smiling at Adrien.

"It was good seeing you." Adrien said to Sabine before Marinette grabbed his hand and they began to walk outside.

"What did she say to you?" Marinette asked blushing and covering her face.

"Just that you couldn't wait to see me and that you actually liked me for a while." Adrien said with a laugh. "It's good she told me, I was getting a little worried." Adrien said with a smirk.

"Whatever." Marinette said letting go of his hand and poking his side.

Adrien put his arm around shoulders. "So should we get to the string hunting?" He asked.

"I think so." Marinette said nervously.

"I thought you wanted to this?" Adrien asked confused.

"I do I just don't know what to expect and that kind of scares me." Marinette admitted.

"Well no matter what I'll be there with you. Okay?" Adrien asked stopping as he stood in front of her holding both of her hands.

"Okay." Marinette smiled.

Adrien slowly went in for a kiss and Marinette went in two. Their lips touched kissing each other for a longer time then usual. "We should start." Adrien said before it became too long.

"Yeah." Marinette smiled. She grabbed his hand. "So who's do we follow first?" Marinette giggled.

"I say we follow yours." Adrien said with a smile. He really didn't want to find his because if it wasn't Marinette she would be upset. He also was very curious to find out who was on the end of her string, and if it was him.

"Okay I guess." She said they began to follow it.

They walked for a while before they saw a huge clump of strings.

"Adrien what the heck." Marinette said astounded looking at this ball as big as her house just with strings.

"It must be the main knot." Adrien said looking at it.

Strings began to fall out of the ball every once in a while. "What does it mean?" Marinette asked.

"I think the knot is the main struggle." Adrien said.

"And if the string falls out, then you got past it." Marinette said.

"I guess so." Adrien agreed.

"So that must mean, my string, my person,
the other end. We haven't met our main struggle." Marinette said sadly. That meant something bad between her and her soulmate was yet to happen. "That means we maybe haven't even met or that we will have a hard bump."

"Well I guess that's something that you will sadly have to wait for." Adrien said looking at her.

"But sometimes I would get pulled by my string. It doesn't make sense." Marinette said confused.

"Maybe the strings have a system." Adrien suggested. "Some way they alert both ends to cause reactions."

"So your saying when I'm pulled or when I pull it can effect it through this huge ball of knots?" Marinette asked unsure of it.

"They always say love works in mysterious ways. This must be the way it works." Adrien said.

To be honest, he was relieved that he couldn't find her other half. He would have been scared if it wasn't him or scared if was someone she didn't know or like. He was happy about this, but it also meant he probably wouldn't find his other end either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bammmm! Plot twist!!! I hope you liked this and there will be more to come. This chapter was short, I know, but I wanted to get this up as soon as possible.
Luv ya,
Lauryn