(4)

Hey, wanna click the star button for me? Free vote! Better to vote on my chapter, than for our next President!

May the odds be ever in OUR favor.

There multiple bone crushing sounds making my body cringe and churn.

I need to go.

I see the window to my left and decided it's the easiest option.

I easily hang my legs out the window, two stories, maybe three up. My heart is beating out my chest right about now.

"We aren't suppose to leave." I hear and it makes me freeze.
My wolf I haven't heard from in years. I basically rejected her, after packs had stopped it was illegal to shift.

I know I have to shift if I wanna be able to survive this fall.

"Bombs away." I say before jump and shift mid air, my clothes shredding.

"Let me go." She says eagerly, and this time I can't hold her back, she deserves to run.

I feel the crunch of the fallen leaves under my paws as I shake our my fur. I stretch out my body as my tail wags in joy.
But I don't wait around long as my legs take off, I have a caramel color wolf, besides white on the tips of my ears, tail, and paws I'm easy to spot, but I have golden eyes. Most wolves have black eyes when shifting, apparently I'm different.

"It smelled like vampires." My wolf says and I agree, I hope Jagger's okay, I really do.

It's not until I tumble into something hard that shoves me on my butt.
I hear a loud howl that sends shivers down my spine.

The wolf looks back at me with wide eyes before crouching low, ears pulled back as he growls, though a bloody and beaten vampire arrives and ruins of stand off.

"Oh, she's joined us. This is who Jagger is trying to keep a secret." The vampire struggles out, though as soon as it's said the wolf now standing tall is shielding my body.
I growl softly poking my head from behind the wolf.

"Beautiful, come and play." He hisses as I step out from behind the wolf.
I pounce on him taking him by the neck, jerking my head back and forth. In seconds I hear the snap and release his limp body to the ground.

"No!" I hear frantically, I look over and see a naked Jagger standing in worry. His eyes look down to me and he exhales deeply.

"Oh my God, you're okay." Jagger says coming over and inspecting my body.
"Did you kill him?" Jagger asks and I just shrug and keep my head low.

"She did well, no mercy, doesn't like being teased." The man that fought with me says now shifted. Jagger growls loudly and the man shifts again back into wolf form and gives me a playful eye roll.
My wolf lets out a howl which makes Jagger growl.

He shifts and towers over me, his wolf white though his paws are black, and his eyes are red. And his form is huge compared to my small frame.
He licks my fur before nudging me along. I follow behind with a little pep in my step as Jagger walks with a menacing vibe.
I hear some of his men laugh behind as I playfully shove against him. He growls softly but doesn't move taking a nip at my ear. I pounce down making him howl with delight.

I take off towards the house, I know he's behind me, I'm not running fast and either way he could easily catch me.

I make my way up onto the porch of the house before shifting and running up the stairs to Jagger's room.

"Skylar, thank God none of my men seen you." Jagger says opening the door, he freezes once he walks in as his eyes drift down my body.
"I need some clothes." I say softly, he nods, giving me a shirt and sweatpants.

"I need to go home soon." I whisper as Jagger lays back on the bed. I go over and lay next to him and he quickly cuddles up to me.
"Tonight," He growls as he holds me closer.

"But Leah," I say with a sigh.
"Who?" He wonders as his fingers play with the ends of my hair.
"My roommate, she's my best friend, I live with her." I say, Jagger growls softly as his hands tighten on my waist.

"You live here." Jagger says his lips close to my ear.
"I know, but I need my things. And to tell her, what are we going to do?" I wonder placing one hand on his chest.
"Be a couple like the humans, just if anyone comes near you I'll kill them." He says and I chuckle softly.
"Okay, we can do that." I say, he doesn't say a word as we lay in bed.

"Come on," I say getting out of bed.
"You can't go without me." Jagger says with a smirk, it's an a**hole smirk though.

"I can as long as we aren't fighting, we're both happy, I'm going to go get clothing." I say as Jagger's phone rings. He gives me an apologetic smile, I just nod and leave the room.

"Dennis, can you drive me to my place so I can grab clothing?" I huff, after a few moments Jagger's arms in close around my waist.

"I have to go, anyways. Keep  Sky safe, if you don't, you're done." Jagger says kissing my quickly before leaving out of the house.
"Where the heck is he going?" I question and Dennis just shrugs.

"Let's go," Is all Dennis says, nothing else is said, besides me telling him my address.
The ride is quick, and silent. It is actually really awkward, I just stare at the trees whizzing by.

"I'm waiting here, make it quick." Dennis says, tapping his fingers impatiently.
I shrug but give a thumbs up before getting out of the car and heading up to my apartment complex.
I go to unlock the door, but it already is. I open the door and the place looks trashed, seriously.

"Leah?" I call out, as I cautiously walk through the messed up complex.

"Leah, is just fine." I hear, I look up to see a pallid man standing in the doorway.
"Where is she?" I ask as a growl slips through, and my canines extend slightly.

"Put those away, doggie." He snickers making my eyes flash gold.
"You'll have to ask you little Mafia Leader, he still want you?" He ponders with a smirk, this takes me back.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I say back with a questioning tone.
"You'll soon find out love, until we meet again, Miss Skylar Daniels." He says walking in further he comes over my teeth extend once again, but he grabs my hand placing a kiss atop it.
"Don't ever touch me again." I growl pulling away, he just winks at me.

"The names Alister, baby. Remember that, okay?" He says as we stand face-to-face.

"Skylar!" I hear Dennis's frightful tone as the door is still plain open, and then thundering footsteps.

"Bye, Skylar, don't forget to ask." Alister chuckles before a breeze blows slightly and he's gone in seconds, his speed getting the best of us.

"Did a vampire just run past me? You're kidding me?" Dennis says sniffing the air, he growls loudly. "And he touched you, Jagger won't be happy." He adds.
I roll my eyes but quickly gather my clothing, make-up, and any toiletries from my apartment. My stuff was suspiciously untouched, funny.

"Sky," Dennis says softly as he walks into my room.
"Yeah, what, Dennis?" I wonder as I pack my things, he doesn't say a word.

"I said, what-," I stop speaking as he stares at the picture of Leah and I. He sniffs the air again, his eyes flashing gold before shifting black.

"This woman. Who is she?" He growls coming closer to me.
"Leah, my best friend, and roomie." I say softly as his eyes are pitch black.

"She's my mate."