Chapter 24: Shattered Hearts

Start from the beginning

Yuuki stayed silent after that, looking down with a hand on her face.

"Stay here. Starting from tonight, you will remain in this room. You will not attend Day Classes, and your work will be sent here. As for blood, well. You're a newborn vampire so I will send someone up to you. I don't want anything to do with you. You're not the kind and gentle Yuuki I remember. You have grown to become someone with a hideous heart." I said emotionlessly.

"It's your fault I'm this way! Both you and Zero's!" She blurted out.

I ignored her and left the room, slamming the door to give her the message. Yuuki has gone too far. I have to go find Lily, and quickly. I looked down at the bracelet she had given me yesterday. Lily, please... Be ok. I didn't want things to turn out this way!

*Lily's PoV*

I continued running away and I found myself at the fountain where I stopped and catched my breath . This is where we told our feelings for each other...

Tears continued running down my cheeks, as the memories continued coming to mind.

"Lily... I love you too...."

I once again began running from there, trying to not remember the memories with him.

"Lily, I promise I won't be like those men. I will be your last."

Liar.... You broke your promise. I crouched down against a tree and softly began crying.

"Lily....?"

I looked in the direction of the voice.

"Itsuki..." I then looked away, hiding my face. "Go away."

As usual, he didn't hear my words and just heard his footsteps coming closer.

"Duties are over, you can go back to your-"

"I don't wanna go back right now! Just leave me here..."

"No, I won't. Then how about we go to a nice café, and have a cup of hot chocolate? You know...with whipped cream? That's still your favorite drink, right? We can talk there."

Wow...he hasn't forgotten that, huh...

I wiped my tears away. "Fine. But I need to talk to you as well. About what happened 9,000 years ago before my death." I said as I stood up.

"Oh...that. Fine with me." He said, looking away with a guilty look on his face.

"Anyways, let me help you up." He added.

Itsuki took my hand and helped me up. He took off his jacket and put it on me.

"You must have been freezing sitting there, so here."

"Thanks..." I said.

The both of us then left the academy without a word to go to town.

*Kaname's PoV*

Where could have she gone....? I'm such an idiot. If I explained the situation to her, then this wouldn't have happened...