Part Twelve ~ I Hate Liars And Cheats -

Ellie's POV -

"I'm sorry Nathan." I said, finally pushing him off me; I knew it was wrong that we were kissing but it felt so right at the same time and I just wanted to be like this all the time.

It had been so long since James made me feel like this, that I had almost forgotten what it felt like and I had missed it.

The feeling of actually being loved and having someone make you feel all warm on the inside as they touched you.

"Please, El, don't be sorry. I wanted this to happen." Nathan pleaded with me, and I could see the sincerity on his eyes as he took hold off my hand in his own and forced me to look into his eyes.

"What about Jade? And James? Where do they both fit into this?" I asked him.

"Jade is cheating on me, I'm just with her because she was the one who made me happy at some point." Nathan sighed.

"How do you know she's cheating on you? Have you actually asked her, or are you just making this assumption?" I questioned suspiciously, knowing exactly what he was like because he was the same with me the first time around.

He told me that his girlfriend was cheating on him and he didn't want to be with her anymore, he told me that I was the one for him and he loved me more than anything; turned out he was lying to me and he was the one cheating on her with me.

I felt bad for her because she was actually a lovely girl, but she just accepted what happened and moved away a couple of weeks after we announced that we were together - Nathan didn't feel a thing though and said he was happy that she was gone, which I thought was a little harsh, but you can't stand in the way of true love I guess.

"I was going to question her about it tonight, but I know she'll deny it and that just seems pointless; especially when I've got you back and I don't want to let you go again." Nathan stated.

"You need to talk to her first and then decide if it is me that you really want. Come and find me when you've done that." I sighed, standing up from the bed and giving Nathan one last knowing look; but I knew this was for the best and I knew that, if I gave both him and myself, time to think then he would be sure this was the right thing that he wanted from me.

*

I walked through the front door to my house, allowing Aimee to go up to her room and play, as I threw myself into the sofa and thought about everything that had happened today.

I'd spoken to Jay and he had told me that Nathan really didn't shut up about all the time that I was gone and he always wondered what it would be like when he found me. Apparently Nathan had assumed we would go straight back to how we were, even though I was the one that left and for reasons he now knows about; and there was no way I could bring Aimee up in that type of life.

Max, on the other hand, was much less enthusiastic to see me and he told me if I was to come back into Nathan's life then he wouldn't want anything from me; and he certainly wouldn't want to be my friend because he would never be able to forget how I made Nathan feel for all that time.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't even realise James had come back home, I only knew of his presence when he wrapped his arm around me and attempted to be nice to me after the way he treated me this morning.

"I'm sorry. Did you think everything was going to be fine between us? Just like that?" I said, pushing him off me and laughing slightly at his lame attempts.

"Look, this morning, I should never have acted the way that I did. I was just shocked to discover you were going to see Nathan again. That's all." James sighed, but I could tell that there was something different about him.

"He is Aimee's father and you were the one that kept telling me I needed to tell him the truth, so I don't see what the problem is." I shrugged.

"Babe, I'm sorry. Nathan did need to know and I'm glad you've talked things through. I hope Aimee accepts the truth." James smiled at me, pulling me into a hug, and I suddenly put my finger on what was different about him; he had been with another woman.

He smelt of a perfume that wasn't mine, and I noticed lipstick on his neck; it was impossible that it was mine because, for one, I didn't wear lipstick and, for another, I hadn't been with him all day. There was also the fact he was being overly nice to me and suddenly accepting that I had been with Nathan, without anymore fight.

"Who is it?" I snapped at him as I pulled out of his grip and moved away from him in sheer disgust.

"I don't know what you mean babe. Who is-"

"Don't treat me like an idiot. Who is she? The woman you've spent all day with?" I shouted angrily.

"I haven't been with anyone. I love you, and I'd never cheat on you." James stressed, continuing to treat me like an idiot and refusing to answer the question; he wasn't going to lie to me and he was just going to have to tell me the truth this time around.

"James, you smell of perfume which isn't mine. And, if you're going to let her kiss you, you should at least remember to wipe the lipstick from your neck." I scoffed.

"It was nothing. It, she, she, was a friend." James replied and I could tell that he was nervous because he was beginning to stutter over his words, and he was unsure of what he wanted to say to me.

"Will you just tell me the damn truth. Who was she James?" I snapped.

"It was no one." James continued to lie to my face.

I was so tired of people lying to me all the time and I was sick of people treating me like I was an idiot.

I had feelings as well, yet no one seemed to remember that and just treated me like shit all the time; it wasn't fair and I wish that people would realise words hurt because I don't know how much more of this I can take.

"Please James, I'm so tired of the lies and you acting like I have no feelings. Just tell me who the hell she was?" I asked him again, deciding that shouting wasn't going to get me anywhere and it wasn't going to make him anymore willing to tell me the truth.

"Her name was Jade, OK? We've been texting for a while now and, well, and things just happened. I'm sorry El." James said, but I could tell he wasn't really sorry because there was nothing in his eyes that even showed he was sorry or that he actually wanted me to forgive him.

He was a liar, as well as a cheat and I wasn't going to stand for it.

Not this time.

"What? Just like that I mean nothing to you and some bitch is your world? Is that it?" I snapped at him, my rage reaching an all new high and I just wanted to lash out at him right now.

"You do mean something to me El, you mean everything; you're my world. I love you." he smiled at me as he came closer to me and attempted to embrace me in a hug, but I didn't want him to touch me.

"Don't even bother lying to me. I hate you James, I bloody hate you." I spat, suddenly turning around and seeing Aimee stood at the bottom of the stairs; looking like she was about to burst into tears.

"Mummy, why are you shouting at daddy?" she asked me in confusion.

"Because daddy has upset mummy." I replied, throwing a look of disgust over at him as I picked Aimee up, pulling her into my chest and allowing her to hug me.

"Why?" Aimee questioned.

"Does daddy want to tell her why he's upset mummy then?" I asked him, anger in my eyes and James knew that it was best if he didn't keep talking to me and he just left me alone, before I had another outburst at him. "No. I didn't think he would."

"How about you tell her who daddy really is. Ay?" James snapped, putting his hands over his mouth as soon as he realised what he said, but it was too late then; the damage had been done now and I was going to have to explain this to Aimee.

"What does he mean mummy?" Aimee asked, and this is where things got complicated.