Part Two ~ Oh My Jay -

I walked into the bar where I worked and looked around at all the people that had been drinking in here since lunchtime and were yet to go home; but were finding all the reasons that they could to avoid that from happening.

As I put my bag behind the bar, I walked out to the position where I usually stood and waited for someone to come and ask for some service; but I was stood there for a while before someone even approached the bar and looked at me.

"Yes sir, what would you like?" I asked him, but as he looked up, I realised who it was and I had to try my best to keep it together as I served him.

"Erm, just a can of coke please." he replied with a smile on his face, rummaging around in his pocket for some change to be able to pay for what he had just bought.

"That's $1.60 please." I said, returning the smile in his direction.

"You look familiar, do I know you at all?" he asked me, and something inside me went into extreme panic as I thought of something to say to him in order to avoid this awkward situation from becoming even more awkward than it was.

"Nope. I don't believe you do know me, I've just got one of them faces." I laughed slightly as I handed him his change and watched as he examined me; still wondering where he knew me from or if I did look like the person that he knew.

I mean, I did know him, but he didn't need to know that one. He just needed to think that I looked like the person he was trying to think of because I didn't want to be explaining myself to him and why I left him in the way that I did.

"Ah. You remind me of my ex-girlfriend, so was rather pretty, just like yourself and she dressed in a similar way to you." he said, and then added, "I'm Nathan by the way, and you are?"

"Nice to meet you Nathan, and I'm no one that you need to worry yourself with." I laughed again, before I walked off to serve one of the regulars who were stood at the bar and waiting for me to provide them with their alcoholic beverage; even though they were already drunk enough and probably should have gone home a long time ago. "That's $4.15 please." I said, not taking my eye off Nathan as he sipped at his drink and scrolled through his phone with an interested look on his face.

"You know, he really loved you and you just walked away from him." I heard someone say, dragging me from my thoughts as I remembered the times that me and Nathan shared when we were together.

"Excuse me?" I said.

"You heard me. Why did you leave him Ellie?" he asked again, and I looked up to see that it was Jay who was sitting there and questioning me on why I made the decision that I did.

Why the hell did he have to recognise me?

If Nathan didn't realise it was me, then why the hell did he have to recognise me?

That now meant that I was going to have to answer for my actions and I was going to have to explain myself to the one person that I didn't want to talk to; not because I didn't like him or anything, but just because I didn't want to have to explain myself to anyone other than Nathan.

"Mate, doesn't she look a lot like El?" Nathan said, making me jump slightly as he appeared beside Jay with a confused look on his face.

"Yeah, she does a bit. Anyway, why don't you go and see Jade while I get the rest of our drinks?" Jay replied and Nathan nodded as he walked over to the corner where there was a girl sitting. She had long, blonde hair and a pretty looking face; when she smiled it made Nathan smile and that just made me feel happy on the inside because he had found someone to love and who loved him back. "You're lucky that he doesn't recognise you because it would just break his heart all over again."

"I know I shouldn't have left in the way that I did, but there was no other way. I didn't want to be part of that life anymore, hence why I left and moved out here; I never thought I'd be bumping into any of you." I sighed.

"Oi, Jay, stop flirting with the barmaid and get our drinks over here." I heard one of the other boys shout over, which was followed by the ring of laughter from the corner where they were now all sitting.

"Sorry boys. I thought I could keep her all to myself." Jay shouted back with a cheeky smile on his face, before he turned back to me and the serious look returned as he spoke once again. "If he finds out who you are, then there is going to be some serious trouble."

"Well, I'm not going to leave my work because you lot decided to come in here. If he didn't recognise me then, he's not likely to recognise me at all." I snapped, handing Jay four bottles of beer, a bottle of water, a can of coke and two vodka and cokes. "That's $23.95 please."

"Just book the next two weeks off and stay away from this bar. I don't want to be the one picking up the pieces again when he does work out who you are." Jay snapped back at me, his eyes full of anger and like he was ready to snap again at any minute because he was clearly annoyed with me. "Keep the change as well. Buy yourself something nice with it."

"Thank you. I hope you enjoy your drinks." I said sarcastically as Jay walked off to where the others were all sitting.

I looked around the bar, making sure there was no one who wanted serving before I disappeared out the back and let the tears silently roll down my cheeks; seeing Nathan again brought everything back and knowing how much I hurt him, it made me feel even more guilty about everything.

I pulled my phone out of my bag and decided to give James a quick ring. Firstly to make sure he had picked Aimee up from the child minder's and then secondly, to tell him that he was right about me bumping into Nathan and the boys while I was at work; but I was also going to tell him that I was right because Nathan didn't have a clue who I even was.

This might be harder than I anticipated, and I might end up taking the time off that Jay has told me to take off because I really don't feel like I could work in the same place that Nathan was going to be spending so much time.

It just brought back too many emotions, and I wasn't able to deal with all of them.