Chapter Fifteen

*Abe*

 "I want answers Ibrahim," Janine demanded. "What is going on and why are so many people trying to kill Rose?"

 "Janine," I growled. "Drop it. I don't have to tell you anything."

 "You do when it comes to Rose," she yelled.

 "Really?" I growled pinning her to the wall, "You dropped her off at the academy as soon as you could and didn't let me see her for almost eighteen years. She's my daughter and I could have prevented a lot of things from happening to her but no she's had to become what she is by herself. When her bound mate and soulmate broke her it took me months to bring her back. So don't tell me what to do when it comes to her."

"Is this because of Andrew?"

 "No," I grumbled stepping away from her. "This has nothing to do with him."

 "Ibrahim," Janine said softly. "He wouldn't want you to blame yourself. What happened to him was an accident."

 "I should have seen what was happening sooner," I groaned. "Maybe then he would still be here. He was my son, I should have been there for him."

 "I'm sorry," she whispered sitting on the bed. "I shouldn't have kept you from her for so long. I was just doing what I thought was right."

 "I know you were," I sighed hugging her. "Parents protect their children even if its not always the right choice."

 "Please forgive me."

 "Senin bağışlandı , aşkım[Turkish-Your forgiven, my love]." I whispered kissing the top of her head.

*Rose*

 "Rose...Get up. You have to run."

 "Mason," I whispered looking around staring into a pair of glowing red eyes. "No..."

 "You couldn't protect your friends," the voice laughed. "How did you expect to protect your son and mate?"

 "Shut up," I whimpered stumbling back. "I tried to save them."

 "Poor miss Rose," he chuckled walking towards me. "Let's see if you can save them or if they'll die just like everyone else you care about."

 "Stop it," I yelled. "Your not going to touch them."

 "We'll see," he chuckled shoving me back.

 "Roza..." I heard Dimitri's voice but couldn't see him.

 "Dimitri," I whimpered as I was slapped.

 "ROZA, WAKE UP!"

 Gasping I jumped up looking into Dimitri's eyes. Glancing around the room I remembered where I was, looking back at Dimitri I started crying.

 "I'm sorry," I hiccupped pulling my knees up to my chest. "I n-never meant f-for all this t-to happen."

 "For what to happen Roza?"

 "All the deaths," I whimpered. "Its my fault Mason died and all the other deaths I've caused. Maybe I should just let them kill me."

 "Roza," Dimitri sighed. "You did what you thought was right. Never blame yourself on that."

 "I need to talk to Eddie," I said getting out of bed and rushing out of the room.

"ROZA!"

 "Your pathetic," a voice whispered. "I should be the one in control. At least I'm stronger than you."

 "Stop it," I mumbled.

 "Rose, are you okay?" Jumping I looked up to see Christian, Eddie and Mia staring at me.

 "I'm fine," I smiled but I guess it looked more I a wince cause Eddie walked over to me and hugged me. "I'm okay."

 "Your crying," Eddie said and I lost it again. "Its okay."

 "No its not," I cried. "I killed Mason. Its my fault, I should have been the one to die. It was my fault we got caught in the first place."

 "No it wasn't," Mia said as she hugged me. "If anything you were the one that got most of us out of there alive. Mason went back for you he didn't want to leave you alone. He died saving you." 

 "Your a hero," Christian said. "You've been protecting everyone for so long not it someone's turn to protect you, Rosie."

 "I'm supposed to protect everyone," I mumbled.

 "Everyone needs to be saved at one point," Mia said. "Even the hero's."

 "What if the hero can't be saved," I said walking off.