Chapter 1: What the hell

Start from the beginning

"I'm good Mrs. Odell. Thankyou." I replied hugging her back.

"Sweetie. I told you to call me Susie. Mrs. Odell sounds too old and that's my mother-in-law's name."

"Sorry Susie."

She nodded in approval. "Lilly, we got new books for you." She said pointing at one of the shelves.

"Thankyou." She whispered and skipped over there.

"So what am I doing today Susie?" I asked turning towards her.

"Just organize these books right here." She replied patting the books on the cart.

"Okay." I smile and take the cart looking at the authors name to find out where it goes.

About 5 minutes later, I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Hi um excuse me miss." I turn around and see a black haired boy with bright chocolate brown eyes. He's not bad looking, he actually looks rather hot.

"Yes sir. How can I help you?" I asked him snapping out of it.

"I'm David. I was wondering if you could help me find a book."

"Sure. My name is Avery."

"Nice to meet you." He stuck out his hand for me to shake.

"You too." I said shaking his hand. "Do you want like an anime book, action, adventure?"

"It's not for me. It's for my friend's little sister. She finished reading her book, and she wants a new one." He chuckled.

I laughed. I know how she feels. I rent out books from here all the time. If I could live in a library, I would. And a Starbucks built into it.

"Sure thing." I smiled leading the way. "What is she into?"

"Umm...she loves fairies, princesses, adventures, and anything else girly." He laughed.

I smiled and walked over to a perfect book for her. "Here you go. It has a fairy princess that gets captured and her prince has to save her." I explained handing him the book.

"Thanks." He replied taking it.

"Of course. Come on, I'll check it out for you."

We walked over to the counter and I check it out for him. "Oh, here's the book she had from before."

I gave him a thankful smile and he waved before walking out. I looked down at the book and saw it was about a werewolf princess. What little girl reads about werewolves? Well, it does have princesses in it. I smiled and put it in the box and continued putting away the books that were on the cart.

"Avery?" Susie called out to me.

"Yes?" I asked putting the cart back where it's suppose to go.

"There is a really bad storm heading this way. You and Lilly should probably leave before it hits us."

"Are you sure?" I asked looking at my watch. "My shift isn't over yet."

"I don't care. I care more about your safety. I'll pay you full for today."

"But Susie-"

"No Avery." She says sternly. "It's a really bad storm. You and Lilly need to go home and be safe."

I groaned but nodded knowing I won't win this. "Okay. Be safe then."

"You too."

I walked around and looked for Lilly. "Avery. I found a book." She smiled holding it up for me.

I looked at it, and of course, it had fairies. I shook my head smiling, and thought about how Lilly and that little girl would be perfect friends.

"You can get it. But Susie said we have to go. A really bad storm is heading this way." She smiled and nodded.