Chapter I

The sound of my door squeaking open woke me up bright and early in the morning. I sat up quickly in my bed, my eyes adjusted to the door and David, my best friend was standing there with a big smirk on his face, "training time, shit kick, time to get your ass out of bed and on the way to training"

I stretched, sliding out of the warmth of my bed "yeah, yeah, give me a minute"

The sound of my door shutting signaled I was alone, I put on a sports bra and sweat pants, grabbed a pair of socks and my Nikes from the door.

I jogged down the steps to find Dave waiting for me. "Ready?" he asked, yawning right after.

I nodded, heading for my front door and starting the walk along the gravel road to training.

He seemed more quiet than usual, so I left him to his thoughts knowing that what he was thinking would definitely be blurted out any second.

"You see Arcadia, I'm superstitious," David stated while kicking the stones along the gravel road.

I rolled my eyes "Oh god, here we go,"

"Aren't you though, Arcadia?" he paused for a second, looking me right in the eye "I mean seriously, miracles can happen, they happen every single day, all over the world." he picked up a rock, throwing it in the air and then catching it repetitively.

He stopped in his tracks, pulling me to a stop beside him, I sighed showing my obvious frustration "Please, David, do carry on."

"I was going to, anyway, I believe that one day a miracle is going to happen to us," he flashed me one of his biggest cheesy smiles "I think that when it does, its going to completely blow our minds."

"That's quite the theory you have there, but out of curiosity, why do you think it's going to happen now, why hasn't it happened already?" I quizzed as the grassy clearing came into view, I could see the rest of the pack training, including my father.

His eyes, met mine he smiled warmly, then mouthed "hurry up."

"I can just feel it in my bones, something good is coming." David smirked at me, before jogging over to the rest of the pack and joined in on the training.

I laughed quietly to myself, thinking about everything Dave had just said, "What a loser."

Training had just finished, and everyone was starving. We all headed back to the pack house, which is my house, for a pack breakfast. We piled around the wooden table, all 15 of us including myself. We may not have the biggest numbers, but we are one of the strongest. My father cooked breakfast for the pack, as he did every morning, so we could have a lot of energy for our day.

I hoped that when I was Alpha, I could be as compassionate and caring as my father is. The whole pack adored him. I just hope I can fill his shoes.

David leaned over into me, pinching one of my pancakes and stuffing it into his mouth, he smiled at me with a full mouth showing all the chewed up pancakes.

I rolled my eyes and pushed him away from me "And you wonder why you don't have a girlfriend, classy Dave."

He swallowed, "you love me. Oh are you excited for school?"

"Not even remotely, but I'm glad it's our last year." I finished the last bite of my breakfast, I stood up out of my seat and carried my plate over to the sink. After cleaning my dishes I excused myself from the pack to get ready for school.

After getting ready for school, I pulled my phone out of my pocket 'be out front in 5' I sent the text to David then headed down stairs.

My father sat at the table with my grandfather, whom is one of the elders, I smiled at them both, being excited my grandfather was here. "Four days, kiddo," my grandfather shared my excitement.