Chapter 5: I fall to my doom

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing?!" I exclaimed, still trying to charge for Evita despite Chester's block.

"You're powerless against her!" He said.

I could feel tears falling from my eyes. "FREE THEM!" I demanded. "Gray, Seven, everyone! They had nothing to do with everything! It's me that you want." I didn't really know much of what was happening. However, I was sure about the fact that Evita wanted me so I just carelessly offered myself.

I maneuvered myself so I could get past Chester's block. One thing led to another. The next thing I knew, Evita's eyes were blood red, her right hand pointed at me still sparking with electricity, and I was flying away from the rooftop. At that moment, I knew, it was the end for me.

I closed my eyes and thought of Seven and Gray. "I'm sorry," I muttered.

I thought for sure, I was a goner but when I opened my eyes, I wasn't falling to my death. Instead, I was floating. I was about 15 feet above the rooftop.

"Be careful, next time," Celeste whispered. Apparently, when I was about to fall to my doom, she swoop in and saved me. I was so convinced that I was going to die that I failed to notice her. AND more surprisingly, she had wings.

We landed in the same spot where we were before I charged at Evita. Seven was still there, petrified. It made me even more furious just seeing him there.

"That was so close," Evita said. She looked "normal" again. Her bloodshot eyes were back to black. "Maybe I should kill Celeste and Chester, first." She started scratching her chin, as if thinking.

I didn't have anything more to say. I guess, so was Celeste and Chester because we were just intently looking at Evita. She was just standing, still in the middle of the rooftop.

"You all look so intense," Evita said with a weird grin on her face. "I know!” she said, snapping her finger again. “Snow, are you hungry?"

"What? Why?" Her question brought a whole new type of confusion to me. A while ago, she wanted me dead. Now, she wanted to know if I was hungry.

She reached in to her dress pocket and pulled out the reddest brightest apple. "I have an apple," she said, holding out the apple for everyone to see.

"NO!" Celeste exclaimed.

"That apple is poisonous!" Chester added. "Just like the..." His voice trailed off.

I looked at him. "Just like the what?!"

"It's not important. Bottom line is that apple is poisonous and you shouldn't eat it."

"Oh, but you should," said Evita, juggling the apple on her right hand. "It's the only way to save everyone."

Her statement caught my attention. "Huh? What do you mean?"

"I've thought about everything, Snow. I realized you were right. All these people had nothing to with my 'cause'. So, why let them perish?"

"Get to your point!" I demanded.

"Calm down, my dear. You're too intense," she said, which didn't really calm me down. It actually made me even more furious. "My point is, it's either you perish or all of you face death. You have two choices, my dear. Die for them or die with them." She grinned, and then started humming a song I've never heard before.

"Snow, don't listen to her! She's lying!" Celeste said.

I looked at her, tears falling from my eyes. "It's the only way, Celeste. I don't know what I had gotten myself into. Frankly, I don't really know what's happening but if I have to perish just to save the people I love, then I will."