Chapter 5: I fall to my doom

Start from the beginning

"No, they won't," a male voice echoed. It sounded familiar, too.

"Chester's here," Celeste said, looking at the sky.

"Chester?" I asked her.

"Yes. He's a cat," she replied.

My head was going to explode. Finding out that I had a different mom and dad named Celeste and Chester, one of them was a fairy and one was a cat, was not the easiest information to swallow. Everything just seemed so bizarre, so otherworldly. How could these things happen? It didn't make any sense.

"Hello, Snow. It's been a while," said the male voice, Chester. The voice came from beside me but there was no one. Suddenly, a man wearing a purple-striped suit materialized from thin air. He looked at me with this weird wide grin.

It was very hard for me to process what just happened. "You're not a cat," was all I could say.

"Of course, not! We're still here, in Earthen world. I can't possible turn into a cat here," he said, still sporting that weird wide grin.

“But, she’s a fairy and she’s still here!” I said, pointing to Celeste.

“She’s a different case,” Chester replied.

"Can somebody please explain to me what the heck is happening?!" I exclaimed. I've had enough. I needed answers. I needed an anchor to the real world.

"Ugh, for a fairy and wisdom cat, you both are doing a bad job," Evita interjected, gesturing at Celeste and Chester. "I'll give you an introduction on what's happening. You don't have to know everything, really. You're going to die anyway."

"Here goes," Evita continued. "We were all from Grimoire. I banished you here in this Earthen world because I don't like you. I posed as Gray's mom because I needed to keep track of what you're doing. Little did I know, this blue fairy and laughing cat followed. They, on the other hand, posed as your mom and dad. They've been trying to find out how you can go back to Grimoire. And before that happens, I'm going to prevent it by killing you all. That's it."

I was speechless. I couldn't believe what I just heard. It just seemed too magical for this world but everything seemed very real as well. It was as if I’ve lived a fantasy life before living here on Earth but the idea was just too “different” for me to process.

"So, you're saying you created this Earthen world and banished me here just because you don't like me," I said. "And these two," gesturing at Celeste and Chester, "they're my protectors?"

"Exactly!" Evita said, snapping her finger. “Oh wait, I didn’t say I created this Earthen world. I just said I banished you here.”

"Wait wait, you're Mrs. Elvi? You're Gray's mom?"

"Ding ding ding! You're right again! Now, enough with the questions. It's time to die!"

"WAIT!" I shouted. "Where's Gray?"

She reached in to a pocket in her dress that I didn't know existed and pulled out a crystal ball. "He's here," she said, holding out the ball in her hand for everyone to see.

I could faintly hear a voice from the ball screaming for help, "Help! Snow? Are you there?"

I could feel heat rising from my insides. I was becoming furious and furious thinking about what happened to Seven and Gray. I didn't care if everything was a dream or not. Beyond my confusion, all I could think of was that I had to save my best friends.

Without thinking, I rushed and charged for Evita. I could tell she didn't expect my sudden lunge at her because she had a surprised expression but before I could even reach her, Chester interfered. He materialized in front me and stopped me.