1st Set of Writing Prompts

Hello again, lovely readers!

These writing prompts are made by us to help you overcome that evil writer's block. We won't limit you to picking just one writing prompt. You can choose as many writing prompts as you want and submit as many entries as you desire. Keep in mind, however, that in order to avoid too much entries based on a single prompt, we will only be accepting a certain amount of entries for one writing prompt. (For now, we have decided to limit it to ten (10) entries per writing prompt but we can make adjustments if necessary). 

Happy writing!

Love, 

Ara and Tina

---

FIRST SET OF WRITING PROMPTS:

(Important Reminder: Your one-shot MUST be based on one (1) writing prompt only. You can choose as many writing prompts as you like BUT you have to write different entries for each of them. You have to also keep in mind that in addition to your one-shots being based on one of these writing prompts, they must also be Christmas-themed, classified under the Romance-Teen Fiction category and written in English/Tagalog/Taglish only. Thank you!)

1. "No one wants her."
Use this as the first line of your one-shot story.

code: A1

2. Write a story about a character who is named after a French word. This character may be a guy, or a girl, and likes to brag about his/her name.

code: A2

3. Create a story inspired by this single word:

sillage (n.) the scent that lingers in air, the trail left in water, the impression made in space after something or someone has been and gone; the trace of someone’s perfume.

code: A3

4. Write a story based on this paragraph:

"Ang pangalan ko ay Juliet. Oo. Kapangalan nung bida sa isang play ni Shakespeare. Hindi ko alam kung normal ba 'to, o sadyang weird lang ako. Pero mula kasi nung tumungtong ako ng high school, naghahanap na ako ng lalaking ang pangalan eh Romeo. Wala lang. Hindi ko rin maipaliwanag eh. Basta."

(Note: You don't necessarily have to copy+paste this entire paragraph. You are free to paraphrase it to fit your writing style. Just be sure to stick to the original idea.)

code: A4

5. What if the shoe fits one of Cinderella's stepsisters? Write about what would happen.

code: A5

6. Write a story wherein the main characters are human beings but the story is told in the point of view (POV) of a pillow.

code: A6

7. Write a story inspired by this song: Headphones by Britt Nicole

(Note: You may or may not include the lyrics in your story. What's important is that you based your one-shot on this song.)

code: A7

8. Write a story based on this photo:

(Disclaimer: We do NOT own the photo. See multimedia section or click external link to view it.)

 code: A8

---

So... how's the first set of our writing prompts? 

You can start submitting your entries even as you read this to missbitterella@gmail.com. See the "How to Join" section for the format of your e-mail.

Start writing now and let those creative juices flowing!