Breaking the Wait

*Yesterday we had the party. Jay liked it. She said she wanted to ride today and she wanted your help.* I'm ready. *Jay walks in wearing her breeches and a "I'm blind" shirt. Her doctors gave it to her. You stand in your blue full seat breeches and long black boots standing to your knees. Wearing a shirt that says "Dressage is life". We head out the door. Your mother driving us. Within a few minutes we arrived. Jay begins to smile once the car slides to a halt.*let's do this! *"I'll tack up Rufio for you. Also I'll tack up Cara so that I can ride beside you. Just stay over here." You sit her down on the bench next to the tack up stalls. And grab all of Rufio's and Cara's tack and grooming supplies. Gathering their halters and lead ropes you grab Cara first then Rufio. Walking both to tack up stalls putting Cara in one and Rufio in the one beside her. Quickly grooming both. On goes the saddle pad and saddle for Cara and then it was Rufio's turn. Bridle on Cara. Bridle on Rufio. You hand Jay her helmet and gloves and you out yours on. Helping Jay out you ask her to go behind you and put her hands on your shoulders as you lead Rufio and Cara beside you. Opening the gait. Jay goes in first and then you and he horses follow. You decide to warm up Rufio to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid. You ask jay to stay and you tie Cara up so she doesn't go anywhere. Walking and trotting and then cantering. Rufio is good. You hop off and warm up Cara. She is good to. You stay on Cara and get Jay bring her over to the mounting block. "OKAY put your foot there.* you use your dressage whip to show her. She puts her foot in stirrup and swings over. You help her put her other foot in and hold onto her reins. You ask another person in the ring. One who is not riding if they can grab her the lead rope at the table. They hand it to you and you attach it to Rufio's bridle. "Let's go slow and easy. Are you ok?"* yes. Let's walk now. *you ask for a walk and Rufio walks beside you. Jay seems unsteady at first but she regains her balance.* whoa. This is really strange. haha. its fun though! *Jay smiles and she acts like she feels more confident than every* can we trot? *"are you ready to? Rising or sitting?"* um...sitting. *you push Cara and Rufio into a trot. A slow trot. Jay looks balanced. And actually make it seem easier than it is.*"let's canter!!!" *she giggles. You roll your eyes and ask for a canter from the two horses. Jay is doing awesome. We turn to go onto the long side next to the fence entrance and you see a crowd of other riders and people watching in awe. Wonderful. Just wonderful. We have an audience.* ok trot. *Jay suddenly starts to slow Rufio down. I do the same. And before we know it we are at a walk. Cooling off.* that was amazing!!! I feel like I can overcome anything. *You hop off and help Jay off afterwards. Jay wants to lead Rufio so you let her. She uses her stick to feel what's around her. In no time we are untacking and Jay doesn't wipe her smile off.*

I loved writing this chapter. Hope you enjoyed reading it!!n