Chapter 13

A vibration comes from Rae's compact handbag, it resonates from my phone (affectionately named LouLou) and I unlock the screen to read the message.

It turns out to just be some insurance spam, I delete it without even reading it all.

Seriously, do these people just look at numbers and think to themselves : 'Hey, I bet this guy would like to insure his car and a box of old momentos from his teenage years.' and dial the number? Seems like it to me.

Just as I'm about to lock the screen, LouLou vibrates again. I roll my eyes and catch a quick 'WTF' look from Zoella who is contently taking a bite from her seafood wrap. Rae simply stares off in the distance. Our usual lunches are a bit louder, but this is cool too. I tap on the message:

Unknown Number:
*Where are you rn?*

What the hell?

My grip around LouLou tightens as I sip my peach ice tea. I type my reply speedily:

Me:
*Who is this?*

Unknown Number:
*Malcolm, I got your number from your Mom.*

Me:
*Omg, hey.*

I feel the blush rush to my cheeks and my lips lift lightly at the ends. This gains me a joint "Ooooh," from my companions. They both stare at me through their eyelashes waiting in excitement. "What?", I ask and look at them, trying to suppress the heat rising in my cheeks. This makes them giggle and raise their brows jokingly.

Malcolm:
*Hi, so where are you?*

Me:
*I'm at the mall with friends. Why?*

Malcolm:
*I was just hoping we could talk? But you're busy so...*

I look up to find my two friends' attention have diverted from me to a group of attractive boys.

Me:
*Uhm, nah. Would you pick me up?*

Malcolm:
*What about your friends?*

I glance up and find they're still observing the group of guys. One of the guys wink in Zoella's direction. He's wearing a crisp white shirt and his hair's done up in a man-bun. I smirk.

Me:
*I think they'll be okay.*

~~~~

Hey, guys. How have you guys been? Thanks so much for all the reads & votes! Pretty please share my story & comment your views. :):)

Next update soon to follow. ;)

And as always, all the love. xx