Ch. 17: Confusion and Trouble

Start from the beginning

"How - How the hell did you found this school, you weirdo?! I told you to go away!" Takahashi exclaimed.

"Hold on, T-That's... Makito-kun... The other hostage, right?"

"Come on, Let's go, we have a something to attend tonight, you forgot?" Makito said as he grabbed Takahashi's hands.

"Wait a second!"

Takahashi free herself and took the sketchbook from the ground, and rip the sketch and gave it to Nagisa, "Here... You can.. have it!" Takahashi said with her face facing her left instead of facing Nagisa.

"Let's go" Makito said as he walks away, Takahashi followed him while looking down in the ground, Nagisa, is still shocked as he glanced at the sketch, "... Why?"

Takahashi was sitting in the car next to Makito, it was driving towards Takahashi's mansion, "Ah, your parents must be waiting at home... As soon as you reach home, you're gonna have to prepare yourself, because your parents said you need to be there.." Makito explained.

"Shut up, don't tell me what to do, I'm not a kid."

"So, Asuka, What were you doing with that Nagisa boy?"

Takahashi seems surprised, "Nothing, we were just talking and..."

"Stop lying."

"Something was up back there, and you gotta tell me" Makito said.

"We were just talking about a book, That's it, what do you want to know, huh?" Takahashi said as she became irritated.

"Ah, So that's what were you doing, didn't expect anything, really, to be honest." He answered.

"So, tell me, do you like that Nagisa?"

Takahashi's went bright red as her she turned her head towards the window, "Why the hell is that matter to you?"

"Nothing, As a friend, I just want to know..."

Still in the same position as she was earlier, "So, what if I did?"

"Oh, So you're saying you do like him?"

"No, I'm saying, is it matter if I did, which is doesn't particularly mean I do."

"Well, If you do, I'm going to change that"

Takahashi cringed, "Let's see, tough guy."

After a while, they arrived at the Takahashi's mansion, Takahashi stepped out of the car, "I see you at the place!" Makito said as the car drives towards outside.

The door opened, showing the appearance of her mother, "You're back! I've been waiting for you!"

Takahashi's mother lead her to the dressing room in their house, her mother was busy talking, but she didn't bother listening, she felt so tired at the moment.

Her mother hands her a dress, she didn't even bother complaining as usual, she just put it on and hope that this will be over quickly.

"... Ah! You look so pretty!" Her mother said excitedly, but Takahashi didn't react to anything.

"... Look, I know you still shocked but we can't miss this event, it's for the sake of----"

"It's for the sake of the family, Yeah, I know, whatever..."

Takahashi said to her mother, "Look, I don't really care, I just want to get this over with, so let's just go..."

Her mother followed her daughter who is walking towards the door, and heading to the car outside.

As the car was driving, her parents were busy talking, but she didn't bother at all to join the conversation, she was just listening to music at her phone.

She glanced at the night sky, it was starry, "... Why in days like this stars have to shine so bright?.." She mumbled.

After a quiet long ride, they arrived at the event or more like a party, They stepped outside and walks towards the entrance, her parents immediately split up after seeing their friends.

"Oh my god! I haven't seen you in a while!"

"Hey, man, how's it going?"

She heard all of those words in this crowded, huge room, she sat down at the chair near the corner.

"I'm going first!"

"No, I'm going first!"

Argued the kids that happens to ran past by her, she looked at them from afar, they were playing around.

As she was busy contemplating, a voice disturbed her, "I know you would come!"

She looked up, "Oh it's you, what is it?" She simply said, the voice was none other than Makito's, again.

Makito checked if there's anyone seeing and put his hands out, "May I accompany you?"

Takahashi sighed, she took a deep breath, and took his hands, "Fine, whatever, as long it's not for some stupid question..."

They walk together towards the balcony, and arrived there to a beautiful sight.

"This party is really boring, right? I wish I could just go home" Makito started speaking.

"I hate you, but I agree." Takahashi said while leaning her face on her palms.

"...You won't anytime soon.." thought Makito.

"And not to mention, there's nothing important here, well, at least, for us."

"Yeah, you got that right, like what's the point?"

"There's no point, at all, and also there's only little kids here!"

Takahashi giggled a bit, "Yeah, seriously, I'm bored..."

"...And you know, also..."

The two continued talking in the balcony for quite sometime, they seems to get along really well, Takahashi didn't even seem to be angry.

"... Hey, Asuka?"

"... What..?"

They turned and is in front of each other, Makito leans his face closer to Takahashi's, they were really close, there's only a 1cm gap between.

Makito slowly pressed his lips on Takahashi's with his eyes closed, while Takahashi has a shocked expression on her face.

She was really shocked, she didn't expect that to happen, she free herself .

As expected, Takahashi slapped Makito's face so hard, "What the hell.." mumbled Takahashi.

And she stormed off, she went to the bathroom and washed her face, she can't even explain how does she feel or look like right now.

She searched her phone on her bag, she was trembling, she can't even hold her phone properly, her eyes was sparkling, she checked her last phone call, which was from yesterday.

She saw the name, and clicked it without any second thought, she felt like the phone is going to slip off her hand as she listens to the tone.

"Takahashi-san? You're okay? What's happening?"

She answered the phone with a really trembling voice.

"... Na..Nagisa... Please... Help me.."