Miss Moving On

GOAL :
5 Comments & 10 Votes

Chapter 13

Samantha wasn't normally like most teenage girls that would bottle themselves up in their bedrooms, grieve and shove various of foods into their mouths.

But for this specific reason, she was.  

The hybrid sat comfortably in her bed, not caring about the junk food that surrounded her. Peacefully, she watched a movie while munching on a bag of hot Cheetos along side with some kettle popcorn. Her appearance looked as if she hadn't showered, which she has, in days. Her hair looked to be untamable, something not even a brush could fix up. The baggy clothes she wore made her look like a child wearing adult clothes. Bags were beginning to form under the teenagers eyes. Her once tanned smooth like skin was replaced with a much more vampire look making it seem like she was apart of the Cullen family.

In other words, Samantha looked like shit.

The sound of the doorbell ringing broke Samantha's attention away from her television. Grabbing her nearest pillow, she pressed it firmly to her face, letting out an annoyed groan. A thought came to her head, if I just stay here and not answer, they'll leave. A minute passed by. No ringing was heard. Samantha removed the pillow away from her face only to have her put it back when she heard the doorbell ringing. Using every ounce of strength she had within her, the teenager dragged herself out of bed and went to go open the door.

"Lord please just take me away right now."

Samantha didn't even bother to check through the peephole to see who it was, all she wanted was to go back to her bed. Once the door was open, the hybrid was shocked by who she saw standing on her porch.

"Leah?"

***

A heavy silence settled over them, thicker then the uneasy tension in the atmosphere. Samantha's eyes glanced unceremoniously around, trying to avoid Leah's gaze that was on her. The hybrid shifted uncomfortably in her spot, not really liking the awkward silence between her and the she wolf. Samantha couldn't remember the last time she hung or even talked to Leah. All she knew was that it had been awhile since she has.

"Um, you can come in if you'd like," Samantha said, making to the side to let her in.

"Thank you," Leah muttered under her breath, knowing that Samantha most likely heard her.

"Not that I don't mind the company, what brings you here?" Samantha asked.

"Wanted to see how you were doing," Leah answered, taking a seat on one of the couches. "You know with the whole Jacob thing. And be honest with me. Don't give me that I'm fine bullshit. I want the truth and only the truth. Because I know deep down inside you you're not fine. I can practically smell the sadness floating around you."

Just as Samantha was about to respond, Leah interrupted her,"Samantha I swear to god I will slap you if you ever say you're fine-"

"Well if you would simply shut the hell up and let me talk I'll let you know how I feel," Samantha retorted.

She began to talk once Leah shut her mouth. "I honestly feel empty, numbed. I'm just sick and tired of fighting with him."

"Do you still love him?" Leah asked.

"At this point I don't even know. I want to say yes but I know that's just the imprint talking not me," She replied. "Over the nine months I've been away, I had time to think about me and him and to be completely honest with you Lee, I feel like me and him are better off without each other."

"Why should I stay with someone who has feelings for someone who isn't me."

Leah grabbed a hold of Samantha's hand when she started to feel the depression kick in her body. "I wish I could just easily move on and not give a damn about how he feels but that's the thing, I do give a damn. I can't help it, it's just who I am."

"And that's the thing with you Sammy. You care too much. You put others before you which you shouldn't have to," Leah told her. "Do you Sammy not what you think others would want you to do."

"If Jacob can't handle you being happy with someone else then that's his own fault. He had his chance with you. Not your fault he blew it for a girl that screwed him over."

"Now quite being lazy and go fix yourself up. I'm taking you out somewhere." Leah saw that Samantha was about ask her where she would take her so she finished by saying,"Don't ask just do as I say."

"And by the record I'm not lazy, I'm just resting up for my thirties."

***

Hello everyone (:

I hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving!

For those of you who are wondering why I was gone for awhile it was simply because I was starting to lose interest in writing so I decided to take a break... I cannot say if I will get back to my regular updating schedule which was like one/twice a week or so, it something like that aha I'm still having trouble coming up with ideas to write for a chapter and such ... as you can tell by this chapter so please don't hate me for how awful my writing is in this. I do apologize for how short this chapter is but this is as far as I can go /: Until next time, I hope you all have a wonderful day (:

Vote | Comment | Follow
Skylar