Pain

GOAL :
5 Comments & 10 Votes

Chapter 12

The Quileute boy sucked in a breath, trying to ignore the anxiety that curled into his stomach. Feeling a wave of confidence, he raised his fist to give a short knock. His palms began to sweat like bullets as he heard a pair of feet walking towards the doorway to open. He sucked in a breath when he hears the door handle jiggle.

You can do this Black, he told himself, trying to keep his confidence up only to have it go down when the door swung open, revealing the beautiful sight of his imprint.

Suddenly, he didn't know how to speak or walk. Only stare at the girl with a blank, unreadable expression. Every piece of confidence inside him was drained and replaced with anxiety. It felt as if hands were clawing at his throat, choking him, letting the words he had practiced over and over in his bedroom mirror, being dragged back down his throat and dissolve into the acid of his belly.

She tried to suppress her giggle and smile that wanted to surface but ended up just letting out a laced chuckle of amusement, the smile tugging her lips, broke into a grin. Her pearly white aligned teeth flashed, nearly making him go blind.

"Y-you look be-beautiful. You look beautiful," he managed to say through his stuttering.

Samantha looked down at what she was wearing. She was still in pajamas which were nothing but a loose white tank top, that showed her black sports bra underneath it, paired with her black cotton Nike sport shorts. "Uh, thanks?" Although she could read minds, she chose not to since, unlike twinkle toes, she respected people's privacy's. That and seeing Jacob not able to utter out simple word, was comedy to the hybrid.

"I-I was thinking that ma-maybe we c-could you know, like," he scratched the back of his neck. "Hang out today?"

Samantha gave a look of amusement. "And why would I want to do that when I can be in bed all day and have a movie marathon by myself with food surrounding me?"

Jacob was speechless. He didn't know what to say or what to do. He knew he was the one to blame for how Samantha was acting towards him. "Look Sammy, I'm, I'm sorry okay."

The hybrid scoffed,"You didn't look like you were sorry when you were shoving your tongue down Bella's throat."

That's my girl, Sia said proudly.

"I know I made a mistake," he admitted. "A mistake I want to take back. A mistake that should of never happened in the first place. But I was stupid back then."

"You still are," Samantha muttered under her breath.

Jacob ignored her comment and continued on. "Sammy." He reached out his hand to grab a hold of hers, having her cross her arms over her chest.

"We all make mistakes Jacob," she said, looking down at her feet then moving up to meet the Quileute boys brown eyes. "My mistake was giving you another chance. A chance that you didn't deserve." She uncrossed her arms and took a step forward. Her chest slightly pressed up against his. Her normally calm and pleasant demeanor changed and was replaced with a contorted look of anger. Her patience running out the door along with the last fucks she gave about the guy in front of her.