Chapter 25: We Did It!

Josh leads, holding my hand, as we walk up the stairs on stage. We get into our position to start. I'm obviously shaking, but I'm sure only Josh can see it. He smiles, whispering, "Just relax and pretend like we're back at your backyard."

I close my eyes and take a breath.

I open my eyes again. Now I feel better, not focusing on the crowd to my right. As I'm ready, the music begins to play. We lock hands and begin moving. Forward step, back step, left step, and both pull back with the hands closer to the audience. We come back then he pulls my right arm in the air as I twirl in place three times, and stopping perfectly. We then step around each other before Josh grabs me and flings me above him as I pose like a ballerina on one toe, then land in his arms wedding style.

The song ends, and everyone watching applauds us. We bow and walk off stage. The lady coming on again, calling the next duo to the stage. As we're walking off, June and Isaiah are running to us.

June, literally, tackles me into a hug. "Zoe that was AMAZING!!! I can't believe you guys just did that!" She yells. "I know, I thought for sure Josh wasn't going to catch me." I joke. "Maybe next time I will drop you then." He says, hearing what I said.

"Yeah you two were so ... so ...graceful." Isaiah says, finding the word he was looking for. "Thanks bro." Josh says, giving Isaiah a man hug.

As everything was happy, Carmen showed up. "Don't act like you won already losers! Me and Edward-" she snaps, and it echoes everywhere and also calls Edward to her side. "-Are going to be flawless! Or at least better than that performance." She starts laughing the popular girl laugh, while Edward mouths Sorry.

Josh mouths back We're sorry too. Carmen finally stops and walks away, flipping her hair in my face again. Edward follows her cautiously. "Am I the only one who wants to strangle her right now?" I ask the others. They agree on wanting her hurt in some way, Isaiah suggesting pushing her off a cliff.

"Since y'all danced so hard, lets go get some punch." June suggests. "I need some because Zoe isn't light ya know." Josh pretends panting. I nudge him before we walk to the table with cups of juice.

I grab a plastic cup and take a sip. This punch isn't half bad considering their cookies. I take another sip, enjoying the taste. As I'm sipping the punch, the lady comes back on again. "Ok last to take the stage is Carmen and Edward." She booms across the room.

Hearing this, I turn my head to the stage. Edward and Carmen are already on stage, across from each other. The music starts; it's super fast paced. The run at each other, as Carmen jumps onto Edward. He catches her and lifts her onto his arms spinning. She leans back and falls onto her hands then rolling onto her feet. Then they start actually dancing, moving quick paced. Their dance ends dramatically with them flipping in place right next to each other.

They get the biggest applause and cheering I've heard from everyone in the gym. A hand touches my arm. I look to my left and see Josh. "They were outstanding, weren't they?" He asks me. "Yeah ... they were flawless like Carmen said." I say unhappy.

"Zoe, don't be sad. The only reason I wanted to do this was to dance ... with you. Not win some prize." He says, making me feel warm inside.

"Josh ..." I hug him. It's the only thing I can think of doing. When hugging, Josh comments, "But winning would make this even better." We start laughing. We let go, but keep our our hands together. "Hey guys!" June bursts in. "Sorry to interrupt, but that lady's announcing the winners!" She points to the stage.

Me and Josh smile, rushing over to hear the results. "After tallying the scores, we have our winners! In third place, Vanessa and Daniel!" Everybody claps as those two walk up on stage and are given two bronze medals. "In second place, Zoe and Josh!"

My face immediately lights up hearing our names being called. "Josh we actually won!" I scream. "Come on, let's get those medals!" He says, dragging me on stage.

We get on the left side off the stage as the lady hands us two plastic silver medals. I put it around my neck and look at it. Printed on both sides is Dancing Competition around the inside, and a giant 2nd in the middle.

"And finally, first place goes to ... Carmen and Edward!" She booms. Everyone claps, even me and Josh, as they walk in between first and second place, getting larger first place medals. We all stand there taking applause, and as yearbook takes the time to take our pictures.

After the paparazzi goes away, us winners walk off stage and back into the crowd. We're stopped by Carmen right as we're on the ground. "I told you we were going to win. How do you feel now little miss second place!?" Carmen brags in my face. Acting normal, I answer, "I feel great. We still won. Even though it wasn't first, it's something."

She huffs. "Ok we still beat y'all!" She brags again. "Ok and?" Josh asks, chuckling. I laugh, "So what, we don't care!"

"But- I- UGGGGGG!" And she storms off, Edward going his own way. I smile. "We made a fool of her!" I say proudly. "Yeah we did!" Josh agrees, hugging me. As we let go, the school bell for midnight rings. "Hey Cinderella, there's your cue to run." Josh tells me. "Your ready to go?" I ask.

"Yeah, this party's getting lame." Isaiah answers. "Yeah, now we're here for nothing since y'all won." June adds. "Ok then, let's go to my place!" Josh decides. "And watch movies!" I add. We all agree on watching movies.

"Ok, whoevers back to the truck first get to pick the movie!" I yell, running out of the gym. They run after me as I dashing through the hallway. When I'm almost to the front doors, my shoes falls off. "Dang it." I say, walking back to the blue slipper. June and Isaiah pass me up, but Josh picks up my shoe as he's running. "If you want it, you gotta catch me princess!" He yells running out the door.

"Oh I will!" I scream, running after my Prince Charming.

THE END

A/N PLEASE READ:
Guys it's over! I can't believe it! It was like yesterday I just had the idea of the sequel and it's already over! Thank you for reading, voting, and commenting! I hope you enjoyed it! Stay tuned for the last book in the trilogy! That's all I got to say other than, Enjoy Every Book You Ever Read!