Chapter 23: The Sinnoh Region

Ash was still asleep on Serena's lap while she ruffled through his dark hair. She was surprised at how Pikachu and Greninja had the bravery to go and search for Ash. She turned to ask and saw Pikachu asleep. She then turned her gaze to Greninja. She could see him looking down but couldn't see what it was as he had his back towards her. Serena slowly got out of bed, trying not to wake Ash or Kaylin by the movement of her noise. She walked over to Greninja and sat down beside him. "What's the matter Greninja?" Serena asked. "I'm worried about master. He took all of Palkia's moves dead on. He didn't even try to dodge" Greninja said without a stop for a breath. Serena however knew he was hiding something more. She could see it in his eyes. Pure horror. Serena felt uncomfortable and decided to leave him to his thoughts. She then heard Ash moving in bed.

Ash opened his eyes. He felt his eyelids were heavy. He got to his feet but the pressure was to much and he stumbled to the ground. Serena and Greninja rushed to his aid. "Master are you okay?" Greninja said helping him get up. "I'm fine" Ash said. He tried walking again but lost balance. This time Greninja caught him. "Ash you are in no state of walking, go back to bed" Serena said. "I said I'm fine Serena, besides it's not big deal" Ash said. Serena sighed at his stubbornness. Ash tried walking again and fell again. "I guess your right, Serena" Ash said sweat dropping. "That's why you should listen to me when it comes to your health and safety" Serena said. Ash nodded reluctantly.

With the help of Greninja Ash laid up right in bed. "Why can't I walk, it just hurts every time I step" Ash said. "I don't know you're just really tired maybe?" Serena suggested but no response. Soon they heard a knock on their door. "Come in" Serena said. The door opened and Gary and Calem walked in. "Sup bro! You feeling good?" Gary said walking to Ash. "Yeah I'm fine" Ash simply replied. "We are at Sinnoh so we came to tell you to come back to the seats, we are going to leave soon" Calem said. Ash and Serena nodded. The two boys then left the room arguing about some left over crisps and who should take it.

"Those two are something huh?" Serena said. "Yeah but to be honest they are the ones I trust the most other than you, Kaylin and my Pokemon" Ash said. "We better get Kaylin up" Serena said. She went to Kaylin's side and gently shook her by the shoulder. The little girl opened her eyes. "Oh Hi mommy!" Kaylin said getting up. She looked over to Ash and she had a very big smile on her face. "Daddy! Your alright" She said hugging Ash. "Why wouldn't I be" Ash said yawning. "Honey go get all your stuff, we have reached Sinnoh" Serena said. "Can you help me?" Kaylin said. "Sure" Serena said. The duo walked out of the room leaving Ash and his Pokémon. Pikachu woke up and jumped onto Ash.

"Pikaaa" Pikachu cooed rubbing his face on Ash's chin. "It's great to see you as well buddy" Ash said scratching the mouse Pokémon's ear. "Greninja can you let me lean on you for support seeing as I can't walk" Ash said. "No problem master" Greninja said. Ash got out of bed and put his arm around Greninja for support. Pikachu walked beside them. The trio walked/limped out the room.

As soon as they left the room everyone's faces were lit up with joy and happiness. "Ash are you okay?" Clemont said approaching Ash. "Yes it's just I can't walk without support" Ash said. "Why is that?" Misty said. "I don't actually know myself" Ash said. "It is either Palkia hit you several times or that machine drained out your strength for a limited time" Red said walking in from the cockpit. "I think it is a bit of both" Brock said. "What do you mean?" Ash said. "If you did take Palkia's attacks you would be able to limp on your own and same goes if some of your strengths are gone. However you can't walk at all so that means both damages that have been inflicted are causing double trouble for you" Brock said. Everyone looked surprised at his clear cut explanation. "I do want to be a  doctor" Brock said blushing. "It's okay I understand what you mean" Ash said.

"Anyways seeming Ash is injured who is going to take us through Sinnoh?" Trevor said. "I can! After all this is my region" Dawn said. "That's settled Dawn, where do we go?" Ash said.