Chapter 7: Start Of A New Journey

It was the start of a new day in Lumiose with the gang preparing to set off to the Sinnoh Region, but first they would have to get to Cyllage City.

"So today we will leave this base and head out to Sinnoh" Brock said.

"Yeah I gotta admit, I'm going to miss this place" May said.

"Well atleast we get to start a Journey together" Shauna said.

"Yeah, I hope we get to see cool water types along the way" Misty said. The whole group were at the dining table eating their breakfast but Ash was still yet to come for his breakfast.

Ash was sitting on his bed and looked in some kind of trance.

"Hello Ash, my son. Why don't you look here" An evil voice was speaking. It was Giovanni. Ash turned his head and saw Serena being held at gun point.

"No let her go, take me instead please" Ash pleaded.

"Ashh please save me, Ash!!!" Serena screamed but was then shot. Her body dropped in slow motion in front of Ash. He was paralysed to the ground. He was broken. The vision then all became a blur and a certain honey blonde girl with blue eyes was present in front of him.

"Ash, are you alright. You're sweating like hell. What happened?" Serena asked.

"Huh? Nothing it's fine" Ash replied. Serena didn't look convinced but didn't want to stay on the subject.

"Okay.. We're downstairs waiting for you, so come quick" Serena said as she left the room. Ash went to his bathroom to wash his face after that dream he had.

"Ash, Giovanni has gotten control of your mind" Ash heard the voice he heard yesterday.

"Huh, who said that?" Ash asked looking around the room frantically.

"Me, you dimwit" The voice said indicating him to look in the Jewel of Life.

"Arceus, how are you talking" Ash said.

"That stone allows us both to connect and talk. Also remember I said I'll be helping you in your journey"Arceus said in the Jewel.

"Oh yeah, I remember now. So you were the person I was hearing" Ash said.

"Yes it was my voice" Arceus confirmed.

"About the dream I had, how did I get it so suddenly?" Ash asked Arceus.

"Yes I was getting to that. Giovanni has gotten a bit of control over your mind. He won't be able to see what you think but he will make you think. When you were in their lab the other day he must have put a device in your head. Were you feeling dizzy at the time?" Arceus asked.

"Yeah I was" Ash said looking worried.

"He put it in by force. He will make you have nightmares while your asleep or awake. Also at times you can see what he's up to as well" Arceus said.

"How though, how's he doing it" Ash asked.

"With the help of mewtwo. Mewtwo is making you see those horrible things with his powers." Arceus.

"How do I avoid it?" Ash asked hoping there was an answer.

"You can't, for now you'll have to fight it. If you can withstand this, it is rare but I know you can, then it could possibly crash the device and it would stop working. There's still hope." Arceus said. Ash had no response.