Chapter 30: Preparations Begin!

"Alright guys, we are going to train for this war as they are quite strong" Ash said. He looked around the group, they had determined faces and ready for their training.
         'How will we train?' Calem asked. Ash started to rub his chin, scanning for ideas in his mind and then it clicked. 'I know we will have a tournament' Ash said. Everyone's faces lightened up at the prospect of a battle tournament. 'We'll have a seperate tournament for the girls and for the boys' Gary said. 'The winners of the girls tournament will face the winners of the boys' Brock said.
       Ash thought about the rules and then nodded in agreement, 'yeah that seems fine, we'll start of with the girls first' Ash said. All the girls separated from the boys and stood together.
Bonnie and Marin however weren't able to participate as they didn't have enough Pokémon to qualify. 'So there are six girls' Clemont said trying to think how this would work. 'I know, split them into two groups of three. They will have a mini tournament between themselves and the best two from each group will be in the semi final and then the final' Ash said.
'A win is worth 3 points, A draw is worth 1 and a loss id 0' Brock added and Ash nodded.
'Okay group one: Serena, May and Shauna. And group two is: Misty, Iris and Dawn' Ash confirmed the groups, the girls nodded and headed to a clearing big enough for a battle to be held. 'Clemont you will be the referee' Gary said. 'First match is Serena V May' Clemont announced. 'You got this Serena, I believe' Ash said patting her back as she walked to the front. 'Good luck babe, I know you will beat her' Drew said encouraging May, May blushed and kissed him and ran to the front as well.

They stared at each other with mutual consent before they were forced to break up by the voice of Clemont, 'this will be a 2v2 battle and when both Pokémon are unable to battle, the battle will conclude. You are allowed to substitute your Pokémon if you wish. Any objections' Clemont looked at both the trainers who shook their head. 'Very well, release your Pokémon' Clemont said.

'Machoke, come on out' May shouted as she threw her PokéBall. It released the Machoke who roared it's batlle cry and punching the ground causing few cracks to appear in the snow.
Serena looked closely and realised it was a fighting type, she had the perfect Pokémon for this, 'Sylveon, I choose you' Serena said and threw her PokéBall which released the Sylveon. 'She has made a good choice' Ash said looking at Serena and saw the fire in her eyes.
'Battle begin!' Clemont raised his hand and dropped it.

'Matchoke, use low kick' May shouted. The Matchoke's leg grew a light shade sent its feet towards Sylveon.

'Sylveon dodge and use fairy wind' Sylveon dodged the low kick and jumped high into the sky. It sent a gust of wind with little twinkles travelling with it. Machoke stood their helplessly and took the attack straight on. He fell to the ground unconscious.

"Machoke is unable to battle, Sylveon wins the first round' Clemont said raising his hand in Serena's direction. 'Wow, one hit! My girl is strong." Ash said proudly. 'Why am I even related to her' Max said looking up at the heavens. There were a few snickers but Drew gave a death stare causing immediate silence.

'Well you done well Serena, but match this! Blazekin, your time to shine' May said spinning on one feet as she threw her second PokéBall. It released Blazekin who stood there clenching his fist and already in a battle stance. His eyes showed no mercy.

'Resume the battle' Clemont shouted.

'Sylveon use hidden power' Serena commanded. Sylveon obeyed and sent the move hurtling  towards Blaziken. 'Blaziken dodge and use flame punch' Blaziken dodged hidden power with ease. It's right hand was enveloped in fire and swung at Sylveon.

'Dodge and use fairy wind' Serena shouted. Sylveon dodged last second and sent the gust of wind to Blaziken. It shouted in discrete pain but stood back up. 'Flame wheel!' Blaziken sent a wheel of fire. It was too quick for Sylveon who went flying a few meters backwards. 'Sylveon are you okay' Serena said desperately. Sylveon struggled to her feet.