"I think we both know who the sender is. Let's see what the card says.

"Good morning, my Princess. Thank you for your help yesterday. I will start my conquest today and will keep you updated."

"Aw, this is so cute. I can't wait for you to conquer Ladybug."

"Marinette, wasn't he supposed to pursue Ladybug?"

"Of course, Tikki. He was and he will."

"Why then did he bring these roses to you?"

"Oh, Tikki, it's just a thank you present. See, it says so on the card. Do you really think he will go for me when he can have Ladybug? Don't be ridiculous. Let's get ready for school and go on a patrol after. I wonder what Chat prepared for Ladybug if Marinette got this gorgeous bouquet."

She smelled the roses one more time and looked through the window with her eyes full of dreams and hopes.

School went as always, nothing special, nothing excited. Marinette couldn't wait to get back home and start her patrol. She had to get rid of Alya first and get her homework done but as soon as she did the girl was out there looking around very hard, not for the akumas this time but for a certain kitty cat. After a couple of hours, Tikki started to nudge Marinette to get home.

"Marinette, I don't think he'll come today. He probably is busy with something. He did say once that he had a lot of extracurricular activities and a part-time job. Let's go home, we'll find him tomorrow."

"But he was supposed to start pursuing me today. I can't deny him this chance, Tikki. Ten more minutes, please."

But neither ten, not twenty more minutes helped. He didn't come. Marinette thought that maybe kwami was right and went home to catch some sleep before school.

***

Adrien was sitting behind his desk, writing, cutting and gluing something. He was hard at work not for the first hour now. Plagg was starting to worry that he forgot about his patrol responsibilities.

"Adrien, when are we going out? You have to go on patrol today, you know."

"Oh, we are not going out today, Plagg."

The boy continued to do his work completely ignoring astonished kwami. In all this time they spent together Adrien never, and he repeated NEVER missed his patrol. What could be so important that was keeping him away this time?

"And why is that, can I know?"

"Easy. Do you want me to lie to Marinette?"

Plagg was confused. "No?"

"Good, then we are TOO busy to go out today."

"May I find out the reason for being TOO busy to go out for a patrol with Ladybug whom you promised Marinette to start to impress today?"

Adrien stood suddenly and went out of the room without a single word. He came back in five minutes carrying a huge basket of cheese, which he placed in front of the salivated Plagg.

"Plagg, you are TOO busy because you need to finish this delicious cheese and I am too busy because I have stuff to do."

"So, you are not telling me why?"

"Nope, not now at least."

***

Tuesday

Marinette was the first to wake up. Tikki was too exhausted after yesterday's patrol. She got out of bed and started to get ready for school. The girl glanced at the window and stopped in her tracks - there was a thermos, a box tied with a pretty ribbon and an envelope with an "Update" written on it on the same spot she has found roses yesterday. Marinette's heart started pumping rapidly and a blush appeared on her cheeks as she was taking everything inside. The thermos contained her favourite coffee and in the box, she found delicious cinnamon rolls. She poured coffee into a cup and started to read a letter from the envelop while wondering where did he find those delicious buns.