v

"What's your middle name?" Cierra asked, out of the blue.

"What?" Luke sat up. "Why do you wanna know? Are you drunk?" It almost seemed like Luke was concerned that he had got Cierra drunk. Which was cute, in a sense. And protective.

Cierra giggled. "No, I'm not drunk. I'm just asking about your middle name."

"That is something a drunk person asks." Luke pointed at her, giving her a stern face.

"What's so wrong about me wanting to know your middle name, Luke?" Cierra laughed. (She did feel a little tipsy, now that she thought about it.)

"You don't even know my last name!" Luke whined, throwing his hands up in the air.

"Middle comes before last," Cierra said, smugly.

"I'm not telling you." Luke crossed his arms over his chest.

"I have a feeling you must really dislike your middle name."

"Tell me yours first. And then I'll tell you mine," Luke compromised with her.

"Nicole," Cierra said.

"Cierra Nicole. I like that," Luke said, which made Cierra feel all mushy. "Mine's Robert."

"Lucas Robert?" Cierra asked.

"Nope. Just Luke," Luke smiled.

"Just Luke Robert. I like that," Cierra said, repeating what he had said before. Luke laughed really hard. ("That was such a Dad thing to say, Cierra!")

"Why did you want to know so bad?" Luke questioned.

"I just like knowing stuff like that. Even though I'll probably forget your middle name in like 2 days anyway."

(Spoiler: she never did forget his middle name.)

They were still lying on the bed, looking up. They hadn't moved in awhile, and they were still slowly drinking the bottle of wine. Luke sat up suddenly, his eyes wide and blue. "Cierra. I have an idea."

"I'm listening," She said, sitting up as well.

"We should steal these stars."

Cierra started laughing, and she expected Luke to laugh along with her. When he didn't, Cierra said, "Wait, you're being serious?"

"Of course I'm being serious!" Luke said, like he was offended Cierra thought he was joking. He had a small pout on his face and he looked adorable.

"Luke, that's awful!" Cierra laughed. "How do you think the kid's gonna feel when they get home and they don't have stars anymore?"

"We won't take all of them," Luke rolled his eyes. He had a stupid grin on his face.

"You're crazy," Cierra said, sitting cross-legged.

And then Luke looked at her with a certain gaze. Like he loved the way it sounded when she told him he was crazy.

"C'mon, Cierra," Luke said, standing on the bed (His hair practically scraped the ceiling.) "We can both take a few and put them on our own ceilings. Please?" He was already taking one off before she could even agree.