Chapter 4

Lucy's P.O.V.
I wake up at 8AM. I haven't packed yet for today so I should probably start... Or I could go eat breakfast first.

I get up off my bed and walk into the kitchen. I see Rosa sitting in the black microfibre recliner knitting. Her grey, short hair hung around her shoulders as she moved her hands quickly.

I grabbed out a box of cereal and a bowl. I poured myself a heap of cereal and doused it with 99% fat free milk which tasted like runny plastic. I didn't need a spoon because that's what fingers are for. I don't let Rosa see me not grab any utensils because she'll tell me off.

I finish my cereal and put the bowl in the sink and rinse it out.

"Are you packed?" I hear Rosa ask from the armchair.

"N-yes!" I lie, "Finished it last night," I say.

"Good, I'll be dropping you at the airport in half an hour," Rosa tells me. Crap! I should probably start packing right now.

"Okay," I say as I hurry to my room.

My room isn't award winning on any level but it's something. I have a single bed, with a squeaky mattress and rusty old head board. I have bright pink sheets although I don't like pink in the slightest. Rosa bought them for me and I preferred them over my old rocket ship black sheets.

I grabbed my suitcase and the pile of clothes in my dresser and stuffed all of them in. I was hardly going to go through and pick out individual outfits. Ain't nobody got time for that!

-----

"Lucinda," Rosa called. She was most likely taking me to the airport now, why she can't just call me Lucy is beyond me!

"Coming," I call back as I grab my black suitcase and run into the living area.

Rosa grabs her car keys and as we're about the lock the door I sprint back into my room I grab something I'd forgot. My iPad. I was hardly going to leave it here.

-----

I had slowly gotten through security and all that jazz. It took forever and was quite frankly a waste of my time. How was a 13 year old girl going to smuggle drugs or alcohol? I didn't even know where the heck you buy it from.

"Ticket?" A lady asked as I was about to board the plane. I hand her the ticket. She studied it then punched a hole through it with a hole puncher. She smiled and handed it back to me.

"Have a nice flight," she says and I move on into the plane. I have a backpack on that contains my wallet, iPad, earphones and socks. Yes, I understand socks are not necessarily something you'd carry in a backpack but it is for me. Who knows when socks could come in handy?

I have a 1 hour flight, it saves me driving 6 hours. I pull out my iPad in its plain black and white poker dot case and put my earphones in. I listen to my favourite song at the moment 'When I Look At You' by Miley Cyrus. I don't like many of her newer songs as they're all about things that don't need to be sung in my opinion.

"I love that app," the lady sitting next to me says. I don't look up as I'm busy playing Best Fiends. Got damn level 31 has got me stuck.

"Yeah. It's really addictive," I say, obviously addicted.

"Also good sponsor money," she says quietly. I ignore her last comment and continue to play. After about 10 retries I finally get it. In excitement and relief I lift my hand up to high five the lady sitting next to me. I feel her hand slap against mine and I smile. I don't get a good look at her face because now level 32 is calling. All I could see was long brown hair and she was tall, judging by the way she sat probably around 5'10.

So far I've endured the flight peacefully. I get interrupted by the lady sitting next to me wanting to go to the bathroom. I scoot back in my seat and she climbs over my legs. She's definitely tall, her hair is really long and very different to my blondey-brown hair. Before she walked down the aisle she turned to me a smiled. I saw her whole face. She was pretty. She had brown eyes and really white teeth. I had no time to focus on her facial features because Best Fiends was waiting.

-----

I got woken up by the lady sitting next to me tapping on my shoulder. I got see the airport runway and the terminal. We have landed in Canberra! This means I'm even closer to meeting Laur!

-----

As I'm waiting in security it hits me. I don't understand how I could have been so stupid. Tall, long brown hair, brown eyes. It was Rachel Ballinger. I sat next to freaking Rachel Ballinger and didn't even realise until it's too late! Wether I'll see her again until tomorrow night at the show I don't know but I'm beyond angry at myself.

As I'm waiting for my suitcase to come through the roller thingy I get pushed off my chair and fall to the ground. I turn around to see a group of teenage boys laughing hysterically and walking opposite to my direction. Those little punks!

I jump to my feet and walk over to them. They looked shocked, maybe that I was going to confront them or by my gorgeous fist that was now clenched. Boy was I going to have a word to them. They all stand there, five of them, blank expressions on their faces. The all walk off casually but quickly and I sigh in relief. I probably would have frozen when I got to them so good thing they walked away.

I turned around smack bam into to someone and we both fell. They got up first and held their hand out to me.

"Sorry," I mumble my head down.

"No problem. There might have been though if you were going to say something to those idiots," she says. The voice, all so familiar. I look up. You know who I saw and it wasn't Lauren. Rachel. It was Rachel...

A/N
Hey!
So much less hassle writing on my iPad than my computer.
I hope you're enjoying the book so far. I really enjoy writing this so I hope you enjoy reading it.
I think the chapters will average out between 800-1000+ words like my other book. I get to 600 or so then have writers block. Once I hit 700 I can't stop.

Have an awesome day!
~Hailey

Oh and sorry if my spelling and grammar sucks. I didn't edit this.