Chapter 17

Lauren's POV

I wake up to the sound of a girl's squealing. Lacey, in the bed closest to mine, is also awake.

I sit up to see who is causing the horrid noise and see Trisha taunting a younger girl.

"If you weren't such a baby you wouldn't be screaming right now!" Trisha teased.

"Hey, cut it out!" Lacey warned.

"Oh looks like Sleeping Beauty has finally awaken!" Trisha snorted. I couldn't help but laugh.

"What's so funny?" She said with a smirk.

"The fact that your come-backs are beyond unoriginal,"

She ignored me and continued to hold the girl's braid in the air causing the girl pain.

Lacey got out of bed and walked over to her.

"Let go!" She demanded.

"What are you going to do about it shorty?" Trisha was acting like a brat. "You think just because you finally made a friend you can go around telling me what to do?"

"Yes, I do actually," She said ripping Trisha's arm away and letting the little girl move away from her.

She came over to me while Lacey and Trisha were having a verbal recreation of World War II.

"Will you fix my hair pwease?" She asked me shyly because by this time everyone had gone downstairs for breakfast.

"Of course honey," I smiled. I remembered the conversation Lucy and I had some time back. We were asking each other what we would like to be when we were older. I of course, said I wanted to become a kindergarten to Year 3 teacher.  I love children, young children the most.

After I put the little girl's hair into a neat pony tail she gave me a hug.

"Thankyou," She smiled through her missing front tooth.

"You're very welcome. What's your name hun?" I ask her sweetly.

"Elliana," She said happily.

"Well Elliana, I'm Lauren but you can call me whatever you want," I tell her standing back up from my crouched position.

"We should head downstairs for some breakfast before it's all gone."

By the time Elliana and I had gotten to the dining room Lacey joined us, leaving Trisha upstairs to sook.

"How'd that go?" I asked her grabbing us both some porridge.

"Fine," Lacey told me. "I can't believe how self- centred some people are. It's honestly so disgusting!"

"I agree."

After breakfast and the morning chores we were all doing our own things. Lacey and I were playing games on my iPad, that I luckily hid from the directors of this place.

"Lauren Bridge?" I heard someone call, it reminded me of every morning in roll call.

I got up to see who was calling me and left my iPad with Lacey who seems just as surprised as I am.

My name is called again, it sounds as though it's coming from downstairs so I head there. I nearly trip on the stairs because I'm super clumsy and feel like something big is going to happen. I can feel it. I can also feel my toe being banged against the back of my other heel.

"Ouch!" I exclaim in pain. I look down at my big toe which is already turning a horrible shade of purple.

"Lauren," A woman who must work here says, waving her hand for me to come to her. I walk awkwardly over because my toe is killing me and I can barely put pressure on it.

The door leading to the main office is open and the woman tells me to follow her inside.

I take a seat where she tells me to and wait. I sit for what seems like a minute or two before the door re-opens and some more people come in. I turn to see who it is and nearly fall off my chair.

"Lucy!" I sqeal unable to control my excitement and happiness that she's here.

"Laur!" She says embracing me in a tight hug.

"Are you okay? Did they make you sleep with mice? Did they feed you slop? Did someone try to pick on you?" She fired at a million miles an hour.

"Woah!" I said, "Calm down."

"I was just worried," She said letting go of the hug.

"Well, you shouldn't be. I'm perfectly fine," I smile reassuringly.

I look behind Lucy to see Rachel standing in the door way with a happy grin on her face.

"I didn't even notice you where there. Sorry," I tell her.

"No it's nothing to apologise for. I'm glad you're okay," She smiles. It didn't occur to me that I hadn't yet told Lu about her long lost sister.

"Lucy," I said grabbing her attention.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"I need you to meet someone. But you need to promise me you won't freak out," I make her promise.

She nods, unsure of what's to come she sits in the chair I had been sitting in.

"I'll be one moment," I tell them both and go to get someone.

"Lacey!" I call. She comes to me quickly.

"What's up?" She asks worried.

"I need to show you someone," I tell her.

"Okay..." She agrees following me to the office where I left Rachel and Lucy.

I open the office door and bring Lacey in.

I catch Rachel's face as she looks at Lacey. She looks amazed, just as I did when I saw they looked incredibly similar.

"Lacey, meet Lucy. My best friend," I said, "And your sister."

Lacey's eyes went wide when Lucy got out of the chair and turned to face her.

Lucy stared at Lacey.

"Lauren. Why are you showing me her?" Lacey asks.

Hey! You're welcome for the cliffhanger!
I've finally decided where I'm heading with this book and I'm going to try stay more active and reliable in updating it!

Do you think Lacey is a little mad at Lauren? Comment below. Don't forget to vote and add this to your library! :)