Kiss Cam | twelve

2 months later...

My ankle had fully healed now, it was just my knee so I now only wore a knee brace. I didn't use my crutches anymore, thank the heavens.

I grabbed Taunto's leash and slipped on my running shoes, he had made a habit of bringing a toy with him every time we went for a walk.

The day after we had brang Taunto home we had went straight to Pet Smart to get him a toy, out of everything I had grabbed a small little duckling stuffed toy, it was so small it could pretty much fit in the palm of my hand and it was also pretty flimsy.

Taunto went over to his doggy bed and gently grabbed the duckling like it was made of porcelain. He gripped it between his teeth lightly and trotted back over to me.

I clicked the leash onto his collar and went to head out the door.

I watched as Taunto happily trotted beside me, not pulling on the leash in front of me or lagging behind not wanting to go on a walk.

We exited the building and first thing he did was turn towards the dog park that was just over a block away.

Making sure my sports bra wasn't showing any cleavage I did a little skip before starting to jog down the road with Taunto by my side.

He had grown fast and was just under my knee, his head was slender and sleek but I knew he was strong because when him and Lucas would play he would unintentionally draw blood.

Taunto's yips of excitement were muffled from the duckling as we neared the park. Opening the gate I stepped in before Taunto and then closed it behind him.

Taking off his leash he waited and looked at me with pleading eyes. I smiled and gave his head a slight pat and just like that he took off like a rocket towards some other puppies he met a few weeks ago.

But he hammered down on the brakes and trotted back over to me, I bent down and he placed his duckling in my hands. He then barked and went back to sprinting to the others.

-----

He had only come back once to grab his duckling and to get a drink from my traveling dog waterbottle, specially made for dogs.

I was reading a puppy training book when I heard an angry bark from Taunto. Quickly getting up I searched for him knowing he could only be mad about one thing.

He was a very calm easy going dog but when another dog touched his duckling he was a totally different dog.

I spotted him growling at a medium sized slender white dog with big patches of brown and then tiny brown spots all over he also sported his coat colour with a docked tail.

I started my way over to Taunto and the dog only to break Ito a jog when the other dog started shaking his head violently with the duckling gripped firmly in his teeth.

Taunto barked and lunged at the dog, I started sprinting and grabbed both dogs by the scruff and yanked back on them.

They were both growling fiercely at each other, moving the duckling,  that was now abandoned in between them, under Taunto.

When the owner of the German pointer I now recognized came over she apologized profusely, she said that she just got the dog because her boyfriend broke up with her and left her with his dog.

Wow what a douche.

After that we actually became friends and traded numbers, her dog who was named Tony earned a slight flick on the nose as they walked off and left the park.