Chapter 17-Fresh air

Start from the beginning

"Oh uh, I thought you knew. Thea," He says.

"Maybe," I say. Really Im just too distracted right now to try to be saving a city when I cant even save myself.

Oliver squeezes my hand and walks out into the hallway. He stops just as hes turning out of my door— I can still see his arm.

I hear chitter chatter, its Thea that he's talking to. I hear him mention the arrow and speedy thing, Thea reacts like she wants it too. Then Thea asks how im doing. Olivers voice drops, but not enough. I hear him talking about how when I was gone for that day that I had alcohol and did drugs.

I hear Thea sigh and then she walks into the room. I move my face in another direction to pretend like I wasn't listening.

"Hey," Thea says. "How are you feeling?"

"Better," I say, and leave it at that.

-------&&&&&&------&&&&&&&-------

A few days go by and Im feeling much better. I can walk around without feeling like im going to collapse in 5 minutes.

I was released from the hospital yesterday.

--

Oliver leads me to a vacant building. He shows me the way to a hidden elevator, and waits for me to go inside.

I sort of remember it from that night that I found out he was the green arrow.

When the doors open, Oliver walks toward a thick, square shaped pole and pulls on a switch. The lights flicker for a few seconds and in between darkness I am greeted by many, many different high end computers and technology, which I never noticed the first time. I guess I was too distracted because he almost died.

The lights finally stay on and Oliver brings me to the centre of the room, which has a platform with computers and technology all around the inner side of the circumference.

Im almost flabbergasted. I dont know what to do, so I stand in one spot, smiling.

"So you like it," Oliver says, his voice laced with joy.

I nod my head.

"Alright, lets get to work!"

"What? Now," I exclaim.

"Well would you like to?" Oliver pauses and asks politely.

"Duh!"

He gestures over to the computer and I sit down and place my hands on the keyboard. I havent laid my fingers on a keyboard in weeks. It feels so refreshing. It feels like home.

"Wait," I say. "What am I supposed to do?"

"Well uh. Theres been this case Im working on. This man is killing women but making it look like a suicide. Theres a file on him somewhere. You can maybe try tracking down his last victim or something," Oliver says.

I let my fingers do the work and Im somehow a natural at this. The guys face pops up from the file Oliver had and I run facial recognition on him and find the areas he's been seen on cameras. There are several places and I write them down into the digital file.

"There," I say.

"Here," Oliver says and hands me an earpiece.

"What do I need this for?" I say.

"Im going out. You are my eyes and ears and helper or whatever," Oliver says and grabs his stuff to change into the green arrow suit.

I smile and try to hide it the best I can by looking back at the computer screen. I browse all of the footages from the areas he was most recently seen in.

Oliver quickly emerges from the other room with his arrow suit on. I probably wont ever get used to that sight.

And damn does his ass look nice in that leather.

I fix my gaze to the back of his head so that he doesn't catch me off guard. When he turns around Im greeted by his warm, welcoming gaze.

"Put the ear piece in now and find the button. Press it."

I do as he says and I can hear him when he tests the clarity of them. We can hear each other perfectly.

He sets out on his "adventure".

Im probably gonna keep writing non stop tonight for a few hours because theres a meteor shower tonight and its supposed to be the best at like 3 am which is another almost 2 hours from now. Lucky me