Chapter 15-Feels like home

When I wake up I am greeted by a man in a nice suit with a clip board. I cant tell if he works here or not. I try to talk but suddenly feel like I'm about to gag. I realize there are tubes going down my throat.

What the hell? Im fine and they put me on life support?!

I raise my shaky hand to pull out the tube but the man rushes over to me and tells me to stop.

"I'm Gabe." The man says, and reaches his hand out for a handshake. I put my hand out and let him grab it and shake it.

"Im gonna ask you a few questions. Just give me a thumbs up for yes or a thumbs down for no, okay?"

I don't dare move my weak hand off of the bed again. I leave it on my lap and stick my thumb in the air.

"Do you enjoy alcohol?" He says, and stares directly into my eyes.

What is this, A psych evaluation? No thanks.

I don't move. Im not going to give in to this bull crap. If they would just take the tubes out I would be able to tell them why Im so sick.

"If you dont cooperate, I will sit here all day and ask you the same questions over and over again." Gabe gives me a meaner, sterner look than when I shook his hand.

Fine.

He asks the question again, "Do you enjoy alcohol?"

I look at the ground for a split second, then correct my focus to him. Confused, I answer honestly.

Thumbs down.

"Okay, let me rephrase that. Do you like the feeling it gives you?"

Thumbs up.

"Have you been involved in any traumatic experiences lately?"

My eyes drop. Thumbs up

"Did you enjoy it? Do you miss the person responsible?"

Thumbs down. Im not entirely sure about the answer to the second question. We had so many great moments too. But there were also a ton of bad ones. I turned my thumb to the side.

"I think thats enough for today. Let me stop this machine and see how good your lungs are working now." I hear the loud noise subside and I try my best to be natural. I wait for his response.

"Great! We can take you off of life support but you still need an oxygen tube to your nose."

---

I take a risk and use the phone that the hospital provides in the room.

I dial. It rings. He answers.

"Hi. Its Felicity. Wait outside Grey Sloan memorial hospital. 5 minutes."

I put the phone down and take out all of the needles, IVs, and breathing stuff. I make my way across the room and out into the hallway. I use the wooden railing on the sides of the walls for support until I see a wheelchair at the entry of another patients room.
Sorry.