Summer Vacation//Shelby

What's up guys it's Shelby. This week's theme is our most memorable experience during our summer vacation.

My parents and brother went camping several different times, each at a different camp site. But the one i remember the most is when we went to Ohio. When we first got to the camp ground, it was pitch black outside. So we were setting up in the dark. i was completely fine until my dad tuned on the flashlight. When he did we saw thousands, upon thousands of locusts. they were everywhere. i freaked out and hid in the car until they set everything up. i'm not a bug person to begin with, then i get surrounded by huge insects. i couldn't do it. My dad was making fun of me for being freaked out. He acted like they didn't bother him, until the next morning.

When we woke up, we walked outside to make breakfast. Locusts were all over everything. Not only that, some grew wings and were flying all around. My dad decided that we would be making day trips and only coming back in the evening, so that we wouldn't have to deal with the locust infestation. i was more than happy about that decision.

We went to the Ohio State Reformatory, which is the haunted jail. My dad wanted to go there mainly because it was used in the making of a movie called Shawshank Redemption. i wanted to go because it was so called 'haunted'. We went on the audio tour, which means that you walk around on your own, but you have a device with numbers on it. When you see a code on the wall, you type it in and listen to the recording. it basically tells you what happened in that certain area.

On the top floor was the Warden's den. i was standing in a room and saw a code. so i typed it in. it said that this is the warden and his wife's bedroom. i was walking around and listening to it when i stopped dead in my tracks and turned white. i smelled lady perfume. just as i smelled it, the recording said that some people can still smell the warden's wife perfume. i freaked out. i don't know if it was just a hoax or not, but it freaked me out. That was the freakiest thing that happened to me when we went camping.

btw pic at the top is of the ohio state reformatory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i hope you all enjoyed.

have a wonderful day and stay sassy!

Peace