Chapter 21

It's the first day back at school. The director, Mrs. Keller, and the other cast members are in the audience as Harry and Zayn are onstage, practicing their parts for the play. Production has begun for Footloose and Harry is soon learning how much harder it is on him for being blind. Zayn has his script in hand and he's just reading off the paper since no one has their lines memorized. Liam is standing next to Harry, feeding him his lines as they go. It's the scene where Zayn's character, Ren, and Harry's character, Willard, who are best friends first meet.

"Now remember!" Mrs. Keller says, "Ren has just moved to Bomont!. You two aren't supposed to know each other at all. I know your friends in real life but sell it." Zayn nodes at Mrs. Keller. Harry just nods but it's in the opposite direction of where she was standing. Mrs. Keller has gotten used to Harry never looking directly at him. She knows he's listening. "Okay, let's take it from Harry's first line. Zayn or Ren has just bumped into Harry, or Willard. And go!"

Harry hears Liam whisper in his ear, "Hey why don't you watch where you're going." "Hey! Why don't you watch where you're going!" Harry repeats. "I said I was sorry." Harry hears Zayn say innocently. "Hey, you're that new fella from Chicago aint' cha?" Liam says. "Hey, you're that new fellow from Chicago aren't you?" "Wait!" Mrs. Keller says, "Harry, it's aint cha. And fella, with an A." "Oh. I thought Liam was reading it wrong." Liam whacks him jokingly for blaming it on him. Harry smiles slightly. "No, they live in the south of America so they have southern accents like that. Liam had it right." Harry nods.

He turns back to Zayn, "Hey, you're that new fella from Chicago aint cha?" Mrs. Keller nods to herself since she knows Harry can't see her. "Perhaps." Zayn says. "Oh smart guy huh?" Liam says. "Oh smart guy huh?" "Well listen here Mr., in this town when you push somebody and they push you back next thing you know... well... you've got two people pushing." Harry repeats the line Liam has read it to him and he hears the other cast members chuckle. Considering Harry's condition this is going well.

*

An hour later everyone is packing up and getting ready to go home. It was just the first day so they didn't do too much. It was just a quick run through. Harry it still on stage though, trying to go over his lines. Liam and Zayn go up to the stage. "Hazz." Zayn says, "Coming?" "Um, yeah. I'm just going to stay for a minute if that's okay?" "Yeah sure." Liam says, "I have to go to my locker anyway so Zayn and I can do that and come back for you?" "Okay." Harry agrees and he hears their footsteps walking away.

What he doesn't see though is the sad looks they give each other before walking away. They can hear it in Harry's voice and see it on his face that he's miserable without Louis. He still refuses to tell them anything about what happened. He just keeps saying that he doesn't want to talk about it, that he just wants to forget he ever met Louis. Louis has been desperate to try and have them and Niall to get it out of Harry so he can know what he did wrong.

Louis is still in the dark. They all are for that matter. As far as they know, Louis did nothing wrong and something happened while Harry was out with his mum that made him hate Louis. Every time anyone of them try and ask what happened Harry dismisses them, saying Louis isn't worth the pain anymore. Harry still believes he's been used. It's quite possibly the worst feeling in the world but it hasn't stopped him from missing Louis. Even though Louis never even liked him, Harry still misses him. But worst of all, Harry still loves him. That's why he feels like the dumbest idiot on the planet.

What Harry doesn't understand is why Louis keeps trying to speak to him. He got what he wanted. Why did he beg him to talk to him in literature and has been texting and calling him non stop? Harry has been doing a good job at ignoring him. Liam and Zayn have had no choice but to help him keep away from Louis. They don't want to take sides but they're Harry's eyes. They have to take his side. Louis understands. He just still wants nothing more than to speak to Harry.