Chapter 20

Harry has his temple in his hand as he looks strait forward in the car on the way home. Anne keeps looking back and forth from the road to Harry. She knows something is wrong. He's never been this quiet before. "Harry." She says sweetly, "Please tell me what's wrong?" Harry is tired of saying nothing so he goes for the next best lie when something is wrong and you don't want to talk about it, "I'm okay, just a sudden sick feeling." He smiled toward her reassuringly. Anne makes a small noise of acceptance. It's not a complete lie. Harry feels sick to his stomach that the person he's in love with never even liked him.

When they come to a stop the next words out of Anne's mouth make Harry boil with anger but at the same time almost bring tears to his eyes, "Oh what a sweetheart. Louis is waiting for you again." Harry doesn't say anything and just gets out of the car. Louis smiles like an idiot when he sees Harry for the first time. He still manages to take his breath away even though Louis sees him everyday. "I'll leave you two to talk." Anne says with a squeeze of Harry's arm. Again, Harry doesn't say anything and just stands where he is and waits.

"Hazza." Louis says happily and raises his arms to hug Harry. Harry hears the front door close, telling him his mum has gone inside. He feels Louis' hands on his waist but before he can hug him Harry shoves at his chest hard. "Don't touch me!" He barks through grit ten teeth. Louis is taken back at first, looking at Harry's angry face incredulously. "Harry-What-?" He cuts himself off as he smirks, "Oh very funny Harry. The 'I'm mad at Louis' act isn't going to work. Listen, there's something really, really important I have to talk to you about so come on love."

Louis chuckles slightly and puts his hand on Harry's lower back to guide him into the house but Harry pushes at him again. "I said don't touch me!" Louis puts his hands up in defense even though Harry can't see him. "And it's not an act! Just get back in your car and leave Louis!" Louis is staring at him with his mouth agape. "Harry, why are you saying this? D-Did I do something?" Harry scoffs, "Oh come off it Louis! You know what you did and now I know too! I know everything so just stop pretending and just leave me alone! You got what you wanted so now just please do me the decency of leaving me alone!"

Louis shakes his head in utter confusion as he watched the tears form in Harry's eyes. He has no fucking idea what Harry is talking about. "Hazz." Louis reaches up and wipes one of the tears but Harry smacks his hand away. "Don't! Don't call me that and don't touch me!" Now Louis is slightly angry. "Harry, I have no fucking idea what you're talking about! I haven't done anything." "Stop it Louis. Just stop. You don't have to lie anymore and you don't have to pretend anymore. I thought you would be happy to be rid of me now that you've gotten what you wanted."

"What the hell are you talking about Harry?! I haven't lied about anything! I don't want to be rid of you either! And got what I want? What does that mean?" Harry wonders why he's still keeping up with this. He's just told him that he knows everything. Why still lie? "Look if this is about New Years then I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to be embarrassed. You asked me to sleep with you but I said no because you were drunk."

Harry didn't know that and his eyes go wide, telling Louis he in fact didn't know that. "You didn't know." Louis confirms. "No I didn't fucking know that but," Harry shakes his head to forget about that thought. That's not what this is about, "That's not what I'm talking about and you know it. I just want you to leave me alone." He sneers in Louis' direction before turning to his house. Louis begins to panic. "Harry!" "I can make it to my house just fine." "I know you can but please just stop! You can't just tell me to leave you alone and not tell me why!" Harry ignores him. Why the fuck is he still playing dumb?

Louis' throat gets tight and Harry can hear the change in his voice. "Harry please." He whimpers. Crocodile tears. Harry tells himself when it breaks his heart to hear someone he's still in love with on the verge of tears. "Harry wait!" Louis begs again, "I know you love me! And I just-just need to talk to you about it." Harry stops when he finally hears the words out of Louis' mouth. "I know you know." Louis' lips part slightly in shock. He didn't know Harry knew. How did he know? "That's why I don't ever want to talk to you again."