He is my Friend

"YOU WHAT?!" Tsunade was fuming. Team 7 was infront of her desk in the Hokage tower, and they, Shizune and Tsunade were looking at a certain blonde in complete shock and bewilderment. But there was something else in their expressions. Fear.

Yes, Fear. Absolute fear. Like a child scared of the monster in his closet. Except they were not afraid of the monster anymore. They were afraid of the closet.

"I said I befriended him...about 3 years ago" Naruto replied, he had already explained this once. He had befriended the Kyuubi when he was 12, but he never told anyone. Why? Well it was because he was afraid of this very reaction...that his friends and closest comrades would be afraid of him. Naruto had a lump in his throat that he just ignored.

Sasuke and Sakura found out about the Kyuubi in the years they were team 7, as did the rest of the Konoha 12. They excepted that Naruto had the Kyuubi inside of him. But befriending that same demon was a different story.

"Listen, Kurama is not dangerous. In fact he -" Naruto was trying to explain the real events of the Kyuubi attack. He was tryin to explain that it was not Kurama's fault and it was the masked man's. But he was cut off.

"Not dangerous?! You call destroying half the village in 5 seconds NOT dangerous?!" Shizune stepped in. She was frazzled.

"Well...he didn't mean to-"Naruto tried again.

"He didn't mean to kill half a village population. knock down houses to splinters and manage to kill the greatest shinobi of the village?" Kakashi asked a little coldly.

"Well when you put it like that-" Naruto sighed.

"Listen Naruto are you sure befriend is the right word and not control. Because if your controlling him then that's a different story" Sakura said. Naruto got a little ticked off at her.

"I would NEVER try and control him. He is my friend, not my weapon." Naruto replied, finally getting a full sentence out. The room was silent.

"So your saying that the nine-tails is basically your so called 'friend' and you don't think what he did is at all wrong?" Sasuke broke the silence.

"Wha?! Who ever said I never thought what he did was wrong?! I am trying to say that you shouldn't be blaming him for the attack!" Naruto said.

"Why not? Are you saying that there is another demon with nine-tails?"

"No. And don't call him a demon. They are call tailed beasts."Naruto glared at Sasuke. Sasuke stared right back and Naruto didn't notice Tsunade making a silent hand sign for restraint. Until Naruto felt ANBU restrain him."Wha?! Hey what's this all about?!"

"Sorry Naruto. But until we are sure you are not a threat we'll have to put you under confinement"Tsunade explained.

"Threat? Confinement? Where?" Naruto asked.

"In a specila place...made for Jinchuuriki" Tsunade said, she knew what was to come. Naruto felt his heart stop.

So they had this place set up for me? They never trusted me? To mantain the ninetails? Why am I so...

"NARUTO!" Naruto was cut off in his thoughts by someone screaming his name. Naruto looked up he was walking in the street, with high level restraints on. He looked to the side to see HInata staring at him.

"Hinata" he said softly. He never got to know the girl personally, but without a doubt she was the nicest person to him. He really didn't want her to see him like this. He saw Sakura and Ino trying to comfort her...Sasuke was looking apon him with an indifferent look. Naruto looked back down.

:3

When they got to the place it was on 10 miles west of the Hokage faces. On the mountain, there was a scaffold made of wood and a large cave 10 kilometers up build into the mountain. It had all sorts of seals on the bars. Naruto looked at it with a sad look. As his chains were removed and he was pushed in. Naruto couldn't get up, he didn't have the will to. He just curled up into a ball.

"Listen you demon. You can use all the chakra you want in there but no matter what you do you can't escape. These bars were meant to retain monsters like you. You will get visitors, but I doubt anyone would like to see someTHING like you unless for missions and threats." Then the gaurd walked away quickly as if fearing something. Naruto curled more into himself on the cold stone floor. That's all that was in there, him and cold stone. No pillow, no blanket, no bathroom, save for a hole in the ground. Dispite it all there were no bugs because of the seals so it was fairly clean.

Why? Why won't they listen Naruto thought to himself They...Their supposed to be my friends...my comrades. Their supposed to listen. Right? What am I thinking? What do I know about friends. I'm just a-

Naruto

Naruto visibly gasped and was pulled out of his mental sulking. He then was graced with a small smile and there was a puff of smoke. A mini nine-tailed fox appeared.

"Hey Kurama" Naruto said sitting up against the wall as Kurama climbed into his lap he started to stroke the chibi fox's burnt orange fur.

"Kit...are you okay?"Kurama asked.

"Yeah" Naruto replied dryly looking outside of the bars into the starry night sky. It was a beautiful veiw. He could see the village and the moon grazing over it with it's luscious light. He focused on the moon, he was suddenly reminded of Hinata. But only for a second.

"Sorry kit. This is my fault." Kurama said lowering his head.

"No it's not Kurama" Naruto picked up the fox so that he could look straight into his crimson eyes. The blood red eyes stared into the dark blue orbs. "None of this is your fault and you know that...I just...I shouldn't have trusted those guys"Naruto lowered Kurama into his lap and stared at the floor unconsciously stroking his fur.

"Kit..." Kurama said.

"Kurama, it was my fault for beileiving a person like me could ever have any friends. I know that now. I mean I've known that my whole life, but I just thought it was a likly possibility. But now I know for sure it's impossible to escape." Naruto said looking back outside the bars.

"And what is that" Kurama asked knowing full and well what Naruto was talking about.

"I know that I can not escape lonliness. I am a Jinchuuriki and Jinchuuriki can not have any friends or respect. We are just....weapons...not humans" Naruto said blandly, he really wasn't paying attention to what he was saying.

"Kit....your wrong....you have one friend"Kurama said lifting his head up a bit.

"Really? Who?" Naruto asked dully.

"Me" Naruto gasped a little and looked down at Kurama with astonishment. Kurama was dead serious. Naruto was the first person ever to actually talk and get to know him. To befriend him and not betray him. Kurama gave a lope sided smirk. "I know I'm the embodiment of hate and all, but still I have to say you are the first person to have a camaraderie with me" Naruto gave and smile and hugged Kurama tight.

"Me too. The first real camaraderie. I think I mean I don't really know what a friend is like, since all I had were just fakes but still I feel like this might just be real" Naruto said excidedly and fast. Naruto squeezed Kurama into a hug.

"Yeah, yeah kit. Let's go to bed" Naruto set Kurama down in his lap and Kurama curled up and closed his eyes as Naruto countinualy stroked him gentally. Naruto looked at the star filled sky and smiled. This wasn't so bad. Naruto thought as he slowly drifted off to sleep.