Chapter 1

~This is NOT a "Ryden" story. Any and ALL "Ryden" comments will be deleted~

Silence was such a delightful sound. I always admired the sound of nothing. It calmed me, yet made all my nerves twitch. It helps you concentrate, but leaves you to your ever so saddening thoughts. I guess you could say it was a love hate relationship, silence and I.

"I can't do this! I can't take it anymore, Hannah!" My brother Ryan screamed, walking into the house. Well, it was nice while it lasted.

"Ryan! Calm down, okay? What happened?" I try to keep my voice low, hoping that he would eventually do the same. He plops himself down on the couch next to me, burying his face in his hands. I knew that he and his band mates were having a few issues. Most of which he wouldn't ever tell me. What happened between them this time?

He finally lifts his tear stained face. "I can't do it anymore." He half whispers like he was afraid to speak. "I... I just can't." He buries his face in his hands once more, shaking his head. I scootch over to him and give him as much of a loving sisterly hug that I could muster. For that's all I could really think of to do in this situation.

"What's going on Ry-Ry?" He looks at me and smiles a little. It was a nickname I gave him when I was a young child. Probably around the age of three or four. I wasn't able to pronounce his name correctly, at that time. And I guess the name just kinda stuck. And I only call him that every now and again.

"It's just....you know what? It's nothing." He clears his throat and gets up. But I grab the back of his  black t-shirt and make him sit back down next to me. He's not going anywhere until I have an answer out of him.

"You're a liar. Tell me. I'm your sister for crying out loud! We used to tell each other everything!" It was true, we did tell each other everything. We kept secrets for each other. All the time. Most brother sister relationships don't go down that well. But ours did. And I'm grateful. I don't know what I'd do without Ryan.

"Yeah? Well not anymore." He gets up once again and I don't try to stop him this time. Ryan always gets into these, 'I don't want to speak to you', moods. He always tells me later on... Eventually.

~~~

A few hours had passed and I glance at the time. It had gotten to be pretty late and I think it was finally time to give up on trying to wait for Ryan. He locked himself in his room for the rest of the night.

As I walk by his room, I stop to listen and hear him snoring away. Well my plan was pointless. Rolling my eyes in annoyance, I walk into my room and plop myself down onto my bed. As soon as my back hits the mattress, I immediately get comfortable. But I needed to get changed. Sleeping in skinny jeans wasn't the most pleasant thing, let me tell you.

I get into a pair of fleece pajama pants and a tank top. Nothing special. After I was all situated, I grabbed my sketch pad off my nightstand and start to draw. I'm not the best artist in the world, and I rarely ever draw anymore to begin with. I got detention in high school once because I drew too much. It wasn't as much of the drawing, as it was my back talking to the teachers. Which in my case, didn't end up so well. My father would yell at me when he got home from drinking with his buddies. And occasionally, a slap in the face would wind up as a good punishment. Due to what my past was like, I was glad that it never really got worse than that. I glance over at the digital clock on my nightstand to only find out that it was about two a.m. Tossing my notebook and pencil onto the ground, I get ready to go to sleep. Darkness had over taken me as soon as my head hit the pillow.

~~~

I wake up the next morning to my cell phone ringing. The sun shining through my window slightly blinded me.