Chapter Sixteen

Phew hours to write it all and every minute I loved. I also enjoy switching veiw points between characters. Its really interesting to see how differently they see things. Christmas Eve isn't over as you guys may have noticed. More stuff happens. At the same time I guess each writer gets that feeling about a chapter or two that feels like it needs more... more. So I kind of feel that way about this chapter. I dunno though, you guys tell me. Song of the chapter is Iris by Goo Goo Dolls. Ah song brings back memories.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                                            Jake

Once we pulled up to Lillian’s house everyone but myself gasped. Because well lets face it, Lillian lived in a pretty big house. It was mansion sized with Christmas lights all over the tree’s and along the driveway that winded up the three story tall house. I remembered Lillian talking about the attic and the basement that went with it.

This family decked out the Christmas theme so while everyone else ogled the size of the house pillars and all, I ogled the Christmas lights. Some of the tree’s were decorated a lot like the Christmas tree’s in other people’s houses. Truly this was a house that should on front page of a magazine. It looked like there were Christmas tree’s every room of the house. Each other them differently too.

“Wow,” I heard Adam say, “Just wow.”

“Eh,” Daniel gave up interest.

Danny just remained quiet.

“Be nice guys,” I warned in advance, “Lillian doesn’t like to brag. Her parents raised her well.”

Even though I never met her parents before I could tell by how Lillian was. I mean it must be hard to live with a lot of money and the possibilities that people only wanted to be her friend because of that. I would know because she told me so.

As if on cue Lillian hopped out of the door looking so much like Snow White. She could very well be the recreation of her. Adam was drooling in the back seat and Daniel was picking out the dirt from between his finger nails.

“Hey guys you came!” Lillian did everything but tear off the passenger door as I got out to hug her.

“Hey guys I’m gonna go park,” Danny said while Daniel and Adam got out behind me.

“Yeah how are things going in there?” I asked.

Lillian’s face fell a fraction, “Boring. Sometimes like once a year my parents invite a bunch of snobs but don’t worry I’ve got your backs. Thanks for coming.”

“Glad to,” Adam was looking up at the house again.

“Oh this is Adam, a cousin of Danny’s he wanted to come if that was ok?” I asked when Lillian stared him down.

“Oh yeah sure!” she said wiping her face clean of suspicion.

“Wow look at you,” I had to point out to keep the conversation going pleasantly. “You look really good. I can’t wait to see your pick for prom!”

Lillian turned a light shade of red at this.

“Give us a little a spin, show off this gown girl.”

She didn’t look like she wanted to but thought about it again. When she twirled her dress that had too many layers to count twirled with her. She was like a living porcelain doll.

I took her hand pretending to waltz with her when the front door opened.

“Mr. Grey hello,” I said pleasantly as possible.