[28]

Golden groaned waking up out of her sleep as someone shook her. Fluttering her eyes open she noticed it was he father.

He was waking her up to let her know that the police had found something.

"Golden the police think they have something" Carter said making Golden jump up out of bed. She had been going crazy trying to find out where they were.

"Did they find them?" She asked running to the bathroom to quickly wash her face and brush her teeth. After she was finished she ran in the closet and grabbed a pair of black sweatpants and a simple white tank top. She didn't want to take long so she would just have to wait until she came back to shower.

Golden didn't want to waste anytime at all so as soon as her shirt was half way on, she was out the door. Quickly running down the steps she saw the officers in the livingroom talking. Carter and the rest of them were in the kitchen waiting for Golden. No one was leaving because they wanted to be there for Gold.

"Ms.Banks we have some information regarding your boyfriend"

"Jayceon? I'm confused why wouldn't you be telling this to his wife" Golden said stepping forward.

"He has things in your name, all his mail and things get sent to your house. Legally that is his wife but everything else shows he lived with you plus I figured you would want to know this."

"Okay so what about him and what about my kids?"

"Nathan Sanders body was found earlier in the week. We didn't want to saw anything until we identified his body officially and got the autopsy back" the officer announced making Golden body freeze.

"What does this have to do with Jayceon?" Golden asked taking a seat. She covered her face feeling hopeless. She felt like a terrible mother at this point. Everything in her life was always going left and she thought she at least had good parenting right.

"Someone paid off the man that performed Jayceon autopsy. In the reports, he claimed it was a suicide and that the fragments in Jayceons head matched his gun. The bullets found in Nathan body matched Jayceons gun but when evidence was checked, the fragments that were taken from Jayceon weren't found"

"So what are you saying?"

"Nathan and Jayceon died within the same day according to the autopsy" the officer announced. Although everyone was in the kitchen they could still hear what was going on. Shocked was an understatement for how everyone felt.

"The coroner says that a woman paid him off, her name was Shantanay" Detective Miller spoke up making Golden head shoot up quickly.

"Oh my God" she whispered. This whole time she was thinking a man took her kids because that's what the kidnapper wanted her to think.

"Do you know who could've taken your kids?"

"Shantanay was Jayceons ex girlfriend but she's dead. She had a best friend named Candice that was crazy" Golden admitted thinking about Candice.

"Would that Candice be a Candice Flemmings?" Another officer asked speaking up. He had heard that name before plenty of times. That girl got in trouble everywhere she went.

"I'm not too sure about what her last name was but maybe. She's hated me for the longest, I haven't heard or seen her in years" Golden said making the officers take note. They had an active address for Candice and they were in the process of paging a few officers to head over there.

"We're gonna send a squad over there, if your kids are there we are going to try to get them out quickly" Detective Miller promised squatting down to Golden level.

"Thank you" was all Golden managed to say. The new information she had just found out was making her head spin. Jayceon didn't take his own life, his life was taken from him. Although she was sad he was gone if made her feel better that he didn't give up and leave her.

"Alright let's move out, I want to squad cars circling this block and a unmarked car parked outside. We don't know who we're dealing with" Detective Miller barked orders sending the officers scurrying out the door. Carter walked them all out and locked the door before going back in the living room with Golden. Everyone had came out the kitchen and joined them.

"Babe they got an address, they're one step closer to bringing them home" Shae hugged Golden trying to reassure her that everything was going to be ok but even she wasn't sure about her words. The kids had been missing for a while and that girl Candice was crazy as hell.

"I hope so...I hope so" Golden repeated taking a deep breath.

______

"Freeze, get down on the ground slowly and keep both hands up and visible" Detective Miller shouted when they bust through the door of warehouse.

"I found them here, I was trying to help" the woman said as she got down flat on her stomach. Officers quickly filed in and cuffed her.

"You smell that Detective?" one of the officers asked covering his nose.

"Smells like a dead body" another officer spoke up.

"Lord don't let it be those kids" Detective Miller prayed as they spread out searched the place. They came across the body of another woman, she was dead.

"We gonna find them" an officer named Gates said.

"Either this woman or the one we arrested is Candice Flemmings, we need to figure out which one of them abducted those kids"

"Sir we found something" a shaken officer yelled running into the room. What he had seen made him sick to his stomach. Everyone in the room didn't waste anytime, they all ran out and followed her. Paramedic were zipping up a little body bag.

"The other two boys are okay they being seen by the paramedics outside"

"Other two? Which two boys?"

"Uh I'm not sure, they were too shaken to talk"

"There was a third boy abducted and we didn't know?" Detective Miller said feeling like he failed, he didn't know if the two boys were Golden's kids but either way a child's life was taken because he was too late.

"The kids were chained up, it looked like they were planning on killing all of them but we got here in time to stop it"

"In time? There's a body bag carrying a child who can't be older than 3" a female officer said shaking her head. It made her sick that someone would do this to a child, she hoped that lady who rot in hell for what she had done.

"You know what I mean, at least we saved two" Officer Gates shrugged. He had seen things like this enough that he was numb to it all. Detective Miller shook his head and walked out of the warehouse and towards the ambulance.

"The two boys are alert, we're gonna take them to the hospital to make sure that everything is fine" the blonde woman said smiling at the two boys. They were scared of her a little because of what the other woman were trying to do.

"I need to see there faces so I could know what to tell their mother" Detective Miller said making her move out the way.

"Can you two tell me your name?" He asked looking at the two boys in front of him. The pictures that he had of the two boys were no use since their faces were beaten and swollen making them un-recognizable.

____________________

Any idea who that other woman is?

naya🤗