[22]

Golden

"Wife?" I laughed.

"Yeah we getting married one day, stopping acting like you ain't know this already" he said fanning me off.

"Golden Carter, sounds like royalty" I laughed.

"It does because your my queen" he said making my face heat up.

"I love you"

"I love you too and don't worry about that case thing, I'll make sure it doesn't go anywhere. Nobody's gonna take my future stepdaughter away" he assured me as he played with my hair. Even though I was freaking out his words, for some reason, calmed me down.

"I can't go down there, I can't see them" I told Shae as I paced the bedroom.

"Gold I know your grieving and you probably don't want to deal with all of this but you have to"

"I don't have to deal with anything, he has a wife, she's handling everything with him, his parents should be going to see her"

"Well they ain't so let's go" she ordered making me stop and stare.

"Fine give me a minute" I sighed.

"About time you decide to show your face" Jayceon mother Claire said as soon as I reached the last step. Ka'ron and Trey quickly took the kids and left the room probably knowing this conversation would go left very quickly.

"Claire don't start with that, how you feeling Golden?" He asked giving me a weak smile.

"I see you're knocked up again, who's the father of this one?" She asked looking at me with disgust.

"Ms.Carter if you came here to argue then you could leave" I said not in the mood for her bullshit today. I had went through to much in past month and today was the final rock that broke me.

"They found a note in my baby's car, he killed himself because of this selfish gold digging bitch" his mother yelled.

"Who the hell you think you talking you? Now you can talk to your kids and your husband that way if they let you but you gon watch how you talk to me and mine" Shaelyn said stepping up, John quickly grabbed her because he knew she had no problem dragging her.

"Ms. Carter, I understand your hurt and you want someone to blame but he took his own life, my kids lost a father also" I said trying to keep my cool.

"I told him you were nothing but bad for him, you're the reason he's dead"

"Claire that's enough, I'm sick of your shit, we're not even married and we live in separate houses and I still can't tolerate being around you for a second" Jayceon father Micheal yelled. She completely ignored him and rolled her eyes.

"You are not gonna come in here and disrespect me, I tolerated you because of Jayceon but you will not speak to me like I'm worthless." I yelled getting frustrated. I was sick of her being so judge mental.

"You might as well had held that gun up for him, you're suppose to support him and help him not walk away" she argued.

"So I'm suppose to sit around and get cheated on? Sit around while your son gets married to some woman? Sit around while he has a child with that woman and possibly gave me..." I began.

"Married? That's who that girl with the baby was in the hospital" she whispered to herself.

"I've been nothing but a good woman to Jayceon while he was alive. I don't deserve the attitude and disrespect you dish out at me every time we're within arms reach of eachother" I breathed.