[15]

Golden

I pulled in to the parking lot of the cafe and turn my car off. I sat there for a while and collected myself before getting out. I walked into the cafe and noticed a man sitting at the table where he said he would be. I made my way over and took a seat across from him at the booth.

"Golden...thanks for meeting me" Bryson, the man who claimed to be my father said as I sat across from him. I had found a card thrown on the ground when I was cleaning and called. Apparently he owned his own construction business, he picked up and I decided to meet him after speaking to him. At first I was going to say I didn't care since I went my whole life without a father but I decided to hear him out. If he was my father, he had a lot of explaining to do.

"How do you know I'm your daughter?" I asked.

"Trust me I know that you are, we'll go get a DNA test done to prove it" he suggested making me nod my head in agreement. This was a lot to take in so I was quiet for a moment before asking my second question.

"If you're my father, then why did you wait until now to try and find me?" I asked skipping the formalities.

"Your mother and her family are the reason I couldn't be there for you" he said resulting in me making a face.

"My mother said you wanted nothing to do with me or her" I said.

"Your mothers a liar, she was young and your grandmother didn't want her image to be ruined by her daughter becoming pregnant" he replied sounding like he had more to say.

"What does that have to do with you not being there for me?" I asked not knowing where he was going with this story.

"Your grandmother made your mother lie and say I took advantage of her. It was a small town and your family had a name there and they knew everyone. I already knew my fate when I went to court. I was new in town so when I met your mother I didn't know she was so young, she lied and said she was 18 and she looked mature for her age so I didn't question it. I already had a bad record, but they added things and I was given 10 years. I wasn't allowed to contact you until you were 18" he explained leaving me speechless. I didn't know how to respond to what he was telling me.

"Well I'm 27 now, so even then.." I said not up for taking that excuse. I was tired of hearing excuses for people, I wish they would man up and admit their wrong.

"They had restraining orders filed in your name against me and even though they had no evidence, the judges approved it. Your mother changed her name and I found out you ran away so it was harder to find you. I'm not gonna lie, I gave up for a few years but I didn't want to leave this earth not knowing my only child, someone I helped make" he said sounding sincere. I didn't know if it was but I felt like crying.

"My whole life I grew up thinking  you wanted nothing to do with me"

"When your mom got pregnant, I was going to get a second job so I could take care of her, take care of you. I didn't want to depend on her parents money but then I found out the truth. I found out why she didn't want to take pictures, why she didn't want us to go out in public together. I thought it was because her parents would disapprove but it was because she was underage."

"I'm sorry" was all I could say to him because I felt bad he had to spend 10 years locked up because of my mother. My mother had turned out to be a horrible person and the fact that she allowed this to happen made my thoughts on her worse. I know I should honor my parents no matter what but it was hard to love and respect someone so evil.

"Don't apologize, it wasn't your fault, it was mine. I guess this is why you should truly find out about a person before laying down with them. At least something beautiful came out of an ugly situation" he said making me smile.

"Your mother taunted me, she had a guard give me a picture of you when you were in the hospital. I guess she thought it would hurt me but it motivated me to change my life around"

"I'm happy you did, I guess it's not too late to get to know each other"I shrugged.

"Gotta catch up on the last 27 years, no problem" he fanned his hands taking a sip from his drink he had in front of him.

"Before we do any catching up I need to go get me something to eat" I laughed after hearing my stomach growl.

"Yeah order some food, then come back and tell me who that man was that answered your door. He was going to make me go back to jail with his ignorant ass" he shook his head. I sighed heavily knowing her was talking about Jayceon.

"Yeah I didn't make the smartest decisions in my 27 years"

_____________

Hey hey hey😜

Thoughts on this chapter?

naya😘