[31]

8 Years Later

Golden

Ten years later since Jayceons death life had been going pretty well for my family and I. I later found out that my mom had gave birth to the baby boy who's was discovered when they found the boys at that warehouse. As a family we stayed strong and I got the kids counseling.

As for my career, I stuck with the model idea and now I was a successful model that was on magazine covers and runways all over for people. I decided to start running my own modeling agency about two years ago. I helped manage female and male models of all ages, shapes and sizes. I guess after Jayceon's funeral I busied myself so I wouldn't miss him as much.

I was currently single but I was happy, it took me a while but I didn't need a man to complete me. I had to learn to love myself. I had to forget about my feelings sometimes and realize what I deserved and that was happiness.

"When are you going to find a man?" La'Shae said gaining an eye roll from Symphani. Symphani and I had gotten really close, especially after what she went through to help me. She was currently visiting for the week then she would be back in Georgia.

I sighed and stood up already annoyed with where this conversation was going. Before I began modeling I made sure to get in shape after I gave birth. Jayceon was right, I gave birth to a healthy eight pound baby girl, I decided to name her Jayci.

"I don't go looking for men, I'm more focused on making sure my kids have everything they need and making sure I'm happy. If a man comes along then maybe but I'm good" I shrugged walking into my closet. I had a photoshoot later and I needed to get ready soon.

"You must have cob webs all up in there"

"No but I've had my little dates here and there but no one is really grabbing my attention. I think I'm done, I have my kids and that's all I need."

"Even Ka'ron moved on"

"And I'm happy for him" I said with a genuine smile. He had a girlfriend named Monica and she was actually pretty nice. I just set down some rules so that it wouldn't be a problem. Ka'ron moved out here because he wanted to be close so he could be in Kaelin's life. I didn't move right away because I knew he would need time to find a job out here. I was modeling so jobs in Miami weren't hard to find. I also picked up days to help at a nursing home or hospital so my nursing license wouldn't be for nothing.

"Well I think you need somebody hitting that because your ass always got an attitude"

"I got an attitude because everyone thinks I need a man to make me happy" I said.

"You good Gold don't even worry about all that besides Elijah and Kash not gonna allow that" Symphani added making us all laugh. My two boys were attached at the hip and over protective as ever, Kash and Elijah act more like twins than Kash and Ketara. Kash and Elijah wanted to fight every guy they think disrespected me or looked at me funny.

"Last time I checked I ran this, I'm the mother not them, they don't run nothing but they mouth" I responded. Throwing my sweatsuit on my bed. I always went to photoshoots or fashion shows with a fresh face and loose clothes because I would have to go into hair and makeup immediately.

"Mhmm that's why they slammed the door in that one guy's face and told you to go back upstairs" they laughed. I made a straight face and threw one of my flats at them.