Chapter 22

I returned from my family holiday yesterday evening, and discovered I have reached 10K views so far on this story. So thank you everyone who has stuck with me so far, I know I am not exactly the best at uploading.

I hope you all continue to enjoy this story *cough* and its squeal *cough*...*cough* it's going to be a trilogy *cough*...

I know the storyline has been a little slow paced so far but...that's about to change...

Once again... THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Christian
I knocked on Darcy's door, but once again...no reply...

I walked around to the side of her house a recovered her spare key, from under the water feature, she has if any of her friends need to get in. The spare key was for the back door, not the front door, so I made my way around to the back.

I looked up at the door, key in hand. I stood there, completely still. The door that I was speaking of, had been crushed and bent at all angles. I cautiously walked inside.

There was furniture lying everywhere. Turned over, ripped, broken...

I continued to walk around the house, in the hopes I would find some sort of evidence that Jackson and Darcy were safe and who could have done this. I saw no sign of Jackson or Darcy, hopefully they got out before whoever came and did this, broke in. There was a huge pit in my stomach.

I had walked around the entire house three maybe four times. And I couldn't find anything to go off. I decided to go outside, call Darcy in the hopes she will answer and then call the police.

I walked to the back door, well, what was left of it, and glanced up at the ceiling. In red writing, I saw a letter and a number. N and 6. What the bloody hell does that mean?

I completed another lap of the house, just looking at the ceiling and walls, for anymore numbers or letters. But nothing showed up. Just the N and 6 on the ceiling of the back door. I jumped outside and called Darcy. The phone didn't even ring or go to voicemail. Shit.

I called the police, reported a break in and two missing people. They soon arrived at Darcy's home. Coming in waves of cars. I was asked to leave the premises and stand on the pathway, in front of Darcy's house.

Police officers began to knock on the doors neighbouring houses, in the hopes of a witness. Others in full protection clothing, walked inside to collect samples and find any evidence.

With that a black mustang pulled up behind where I was stood. The windows were blacked out. The driver's window rolled down. It revealed a man in a suit, with sunglasses and an ear piece, I am guessing to receive calls from other detectives...wait...was he a detective?

He stuck his arm out of the window revealing a very expensive looking watch. His hand motioned for me to get in the back of the car. I slowly and cautiously walked over to the back door of the car, as I did, the driver's window began to close.

I sat in the back seat of the mustang. In the front was another man in a suit, sunglasses and an ear piece. The two men looked very similar, although that's mostly due to their clothing, they had noticeably different features.

"You called the police?" The driver asked.

"Yes...Sir..." I added sir on after my answer unsure how I should address this figure.

"Do you know who we are? Or have any idea who we are?" The driver continued to question.

"No Sir, I have no idea. I assume you are detectives?" I said, still unsure of my words.

"Well, that's one way to phrase it kiddo..." the passenger answered. "Do you have any idea about Jackson and Darcy?"

"Of their whereabouts, no sir." I said.

"I wasn't referring to their whereabouts...something else...a bit...extraordinary..." He continued.

"Wait, what? You mean about Jackson being a Neko and Darcy bring a witch?" I asked. The passenger's face lit up.

"Bingo." He said as he pushed a button on the dashboard. "We are calling in backup, we want the humans off this site immediately."

Suddenly I felt extremely guilty for calling the police. Why did I think it was a good idea for them to investigate a supernatural situation...?

Within minutes, more black vehicles, mostly expensive sports cars, pulled up and surrounded the area. A surge of men in suits walked up to the police officers. They lowered their glasses and began talking to them. The police officers walked back, in a daze, to their cars before driving off. The suited men pushed their sunglasses back on, before half returned to their cars and left. The remaining half walked around the premises observing the situation.

"Right kiddo...we are gonna take you somewhere...buckle up." The passenger stated. I put my seat belt on and the driver pushed down on the accelerator and we speed off. "You're human, aren't you kiddo?"

"Yes." Oh god, what was gonna happen to me?

In a blink of an eye the passenger was sat right next to me in the back. His face just centimetres from my neck. "You smell rather Neko...Jackson's scent I presume." He sat back in the chair, no longer near my neck. He removed his glasses to show his eyes, which were completely black. "I am Samuel, but you can call me Sam if you like. We will not do you any harm, trust me, I can read your mind...and you're really freaking out. So chill. We are gonna help you find Darcy and Jackson. There have been similar reports in surrounding areas so we have been on this case for about a month now. Any information we can get from you will be extremely beneficial. I am gonna have to blindfold you for about five minutes. We are heading to the underground city and we don't want you to see how to get in."

With that I was blind folded. I slowly began breathing harder, my heart began to beat against my chest. I couldn't think clearly. With that I felt someone hold my hand. "It's okay kiddo. You're safe. Just a few more minutes and you'll be able to see again. It's okay. You're okay. You're safe."

I felt us make a few sharp turns and eventually down a ramp. "I will take the blindfold off now." Sam said. Slowly, the blindfold was removed. I looked out the window to take in the surroundings.

"This is the underground city?" I asked, flabbergasted.

"Yep. It's amazing isn't it?" Sam said grinning.

"Yes. Wow." It looked like any other city, except everywhere was lit up with bright lights, buildings stood tall and proud. People walking around the streets. There was no sky, instead there were huge electric lights on the...ceiling?

It was stunning.

"The lights aren't always this bright. We try to mimic the brightness of above. So the lights change when the natural light above changes." Sam explained. "How much do you know about this place?"

"No much. Jackson briefly described it but he mostly described the stadium and having to fight other Nekos. He also mentioned about two groups that abused the Nekos..."

"The slaughter group and the sexual assault group..." Sam nodded slowly. "Anything else?"

"No...that's all." I continued to take in my surroundings.

"We are taking you to the council. They appear scarier than they actually are. I will be with you the entire time so don't worry." Sam said, putting his glasses back on.

With that the driver pulled up outside this huge mansion like building. "Come on." Sam said. We got out of the car and Sam walked me up to the huge doors. I was terrified.