Chapter 18

Christian

Darcy joined us in the living room again. She was smiling. "He's feeling much better now. I gave him some ointment that he needs to rub on the bandage every night before he goes to bed. Just a pea sized drop. It will make the break heal quicker."

"Aw, thank you Darcy. I hate seeing him in pain, thank you so much." I got up and hugged her. I wanted to cry because I was so happy.

"Anyways, we need to plan stuff, the sooner we get it done the better." Darcy said, sitting down on the couch. With that we started discussing band related work.

Jackson

I looked around at all the things she had bought me. I couldn't believe it, I had never owned so many art things in my life...

I decided on the A4 sketchbook, and started to draw. I didn't have anything particularly in mind, I just let myself go. After a few minutes I realized I was drawing Christian's bathroom, more specifically the bath. I laughed, me being scared of water...

That's it, I know exactly what to do. I finished of the details of the bathroom and added a very grumpy cat sat on a towel, on the floor, in front of the bath. The cat was dripping wet as it had fallen into the bath and was grumpy as it didn't exactly like that.

I added colour here and there to make the image stand out. I even added a rubber duck, sitting on the cat's head. Christian would find it funny right?

Hmm...something seems missing...I know. I added loads bubbles in the bath and had some flowing over the side of the bath. There, done.

It was very cartoony and over exaggerated, which added humour to it. I liked it, I just hope Christian likes it too.

I should draw another one. A realistic looking drawing. I sharpened my pencil with the little sharpener that came in the packet. I had no idea what to draw so I just let myself go with it again.

Christian
We had sat down and planned for 3 hours straight, it was almost time for Jackson's next dosage. We decided to take a break and I got up to get Jackson a tablet and a glass of water.

I returned to the living room to find Jackson sat on Darcy's lap on the couch. "Almost time for your meds Jackson. How is your tail?"

"Good. Darcy's...witch do dar helped." He looked at Darcy unsure of the correct phrasing.

"Witchcraft." She said with a giggle.

"Darcy's witchcraft helped. A lot." Jackson rephrased. He turned to Darcy again with a huge grin on his face. She nodded, as if to encourage him. "I have a thank you present...two actually. I made them..." he said, looking a little embarrassed.

"I an sure they are amazing. Am I allowed to see now or do I have to wait?" I asked, genuinely interested in what he had been up to.

"You can see them now. But I have to fetch them from the bedroom..." he said, still looking embarrassed. Just before I could reply my phone sounded to say it's time for Jackson's next dosage.

"Take this tablet first, then fetch them." I said, really excited. He took the tablet and glass of water and swallowed the small tablet. He then handed me the glass before running off to the bedroom to fetch his presents. "Did you know about this?" I asked Darcy as she grinned from ear to ear.

"Possibly..." she said, not giving anything away as to what these presents were.

Jackson returned with his hands behind his back, hiding the presents. "Close your eyes and hold out your hands palm up." He instructed. I closed my eyes and felt  something light on my palms. "Open." I looked down to see a cartoon of a very wet and unimpressed cat, sat in front of a bath, my bath. I giggled.

"This is adorable. Thank you." I looked over at the small details, like the rubber duck on the cat's head. The overflowing bubbles. The spillages of shampoo. It was truly amazing and hilarious.

"One more, close your eyes." I closed my eyes again. I felt the first drawing get taken from my hands and another piece of paper replace it. "Open."

I was stunned...it was a drawing of my car. It was unbelievably acceptable. It looked like a photograph. "Did you draw this?" I asked, studying the image.

"Yep. It took me a little over two hours." He said looking down at the floor. I looked over at Darcy who was still grinning.

"I may or may not have made a trip to the art shop before coming here and had these guys cover me..." she said, gesturing to the band members. "He sent me so text on your phone asking if I could make a trip to the shop before coming here as he wanted to surprise you with a present. It was all his idea Christian, I just did as I was asked..."

I got up and hugged him. Jackson was taken by surprise for a second before hugging me back. "Thank you. These are amazing. Once your tail is better I will take you to the art shop and buy you anything you want in there." I said, not wanting to let go of him.