Chapter 8; I Can't Believe it

Chapter Title: Chapter 8; I Can't Believe it
Carmine's PoV
"So, she was hit by a car?" Alex reminded me.

"I guess..." I sighed, "it's been one day without her and I'm already bored out of my mind. And worried sick. And feel like I'm going insane! Alex what are we gonna do?!" I whined sadly. What could I do?

"Visit her? I dunno!" Alex replied they were being defensive.

"That's a great idea!" I gasped excitedly. "We'll visit Ely!"

"Hah! I can be smart sometimes." Alex grinned cockily. My eyes rolled, but I couldn't help but smile. I glanced around and carefully pulled out my phone, people at lunch are vicious so I had to be careful.

Me: ELY
_.fallen.god.23._: (Another username I made up) Wat?
Me: WHAT HOSPITAL ARE YOU AT?
_.fallen.god.23._: I dunno *shrugs*
Me: Well find out!
_.fallen.god.23._: Whhyyyyyyy
Me: I guess you don't want your best friend to visit.
_.fallen.god.23._: Ohhh. Umm. Let me find out.
Yeah I have no idea. Oak Hospital?
No one will answer me.
Carmine?
Kay later.
Me: What!?
Hey!
Fine >:(
Boiii!

"Soooo?" Alex asked slyly.

"She thinks it's Oak's hospital, but she has no idea." I shrugged. Alex groaned in annoyance. "Yeah..." I agreed, sighing.

"Guess we're going to class." Alex chuckled. The bell signaled, I glanced st the main door. Today wasn't the same without Ely.

"I don't really want to..." I walked towards the entrance, staying close to the side. Vanessa stormed in front of me.

"Wheres your freak-friend you gay bitch?" She grinned raising a hand and smacking me. Quick flashbacks of my fighting parents caused me to feel panic.

"Hey!" Alex growled standing in front of me. God, I'm so helpless! I can fight her... I don't need help... (To the person this character is based off; these are my thoughts and what I think when people defend me. Not what I think about you.) "Leave him alone!"

"Or what?" Vanessa giggled, twirling her hair in one finger. She pushed up against Alex. They pulled away, obviously tense.

"Look, you need to leave Carmine and Ely alone." Alex hissed. Vanessa pouted and walked away. I exhaled in relief.

"You didn't have to do that..." I said quietly. A faint blush was hidden away on my cheeks. "It woulda been fine. I'm used to it."

"Nonsense!" Alex chuckled, patting my head, "you're my friend. You didn't deserve that treatment." The faint blush grew. I laughed nervously.

"Thank you..." We walked to class. The day mostly went by slowly, class after class of not-So-interesting subjects, classmates picking on me, Alex defending me, stuff like that. Then the final bell rang.

"Finally..." I mumbled, stuffing my things in my bag and hurrying to the front door. I should probably stop at home first, get my siblings and go to the hospital. I won't get in trouble that way... I hope.

"Hey, Carmine..." Alex said, they had a faint blush on their cheeks and they were rocking back and forth on their heels. I looked over and smile slightly.

"Hey, before we can go see Ely I need to get my siblings." I paused, watching them, "why are you doing that?"

"N-no reason!" They smiled awkwardly and hurriedly shook their hands. Vanessa walked over again.

"Hey~!" She acted all friendly. I took a small step back.

"I have to go..." I began walking down the hall. She stopped both Alex and I.

"What's the rush?" She was acting all flirty. She smell like smoke and beer. My nose scrunched.

"I have somewhere to be. Now leave me alone!" I hissed, pulling away from her and running out the door. Alex followed just as fast. I could hear Vanessa's faint footsteps, but they were lost once we got off school ground. I slowed to a walk and panted, I think I need to take my binder off. Alex sounded just as breathless.

"So, where do you love-live?" Alex asked breathlessly. I gave him a confused look, but he smiled back.

"Down the street, follow me..." I replied. We walked down the street, when we got to my small house I fiddled with my keys to get it open. We both went inside and I went to my room. I put on a worn-down, comfortable bra and then put my shirt back on. My chest didn't hurt as much anymore.

"STRANGER DANGER!" Shawn yelled as he walked in. I heard things falling and sprinted out of my room.

"Shawn! No!" I yelled. Shawn was being pinned down by Alex. Though, he was still quickly squirming. "This is Alex, my friend! We're gonna go see Ely-"

"I wanna come!" Kameron piped up excitedly.

"Me too!" Shawn agreed, braking free. They stood I front of me with excited looks.

"Guys, she's on the hospital..." I sighed. Their faces dropped into a sad expression. "So I need you to be on your best behavior." They nodded quickly in agreement. "Okay, follow me..." Alex grabbed their bag and followed as I walked outside. The kids followed too, staying close.

"Are we there yet?" Shawn whined for like the twentieth time. I groaned. "I'm tired!"

"Here." Alex said quietly. They put one knee on the ground as he crouched down. "Climb on."

"You don't have to-" I started, nervously. Shawn jumped into Alex's back. They fumbled him onto their back. Alex gave me a smile.

"I want a ride!" Kameron whined, jumping up and down. I sighed heavily.

"Okay, okay. Calm down!" I huffed, letting her onto my back. Kameron climbed on quickly, she clung to me. I carried her. After more walking and Shawn whining we were at Oak Hospital. While we approached the door, Ely's mom walked over too.

"Oh! Hello Carmine..." Her voice trailed off when she saw Alex. "Hello..." She sounded kind of mad.

"Hi!" Kameron squealed. I shushed her.

"Hi Kameron." Ely's mom laughed and pat Kameron's head.

"I'm Alex." Alex offered a hand, they were still holding up Shawn. "I'm sorry about the other night. I kind of lost it, I guess..." He chuckled. Ely's mother accepted.

"Bredgit." She gave a small smile. Alex returned it, then we all went inside.

Date Published: August. 3, 2016
Edited: N/A
Total words/numbers (not the including the title): 1029